Chapter Fifteen

I walk into the bathroom with the bags of clothes in my hand. I quickly dry off and put on my new red lace undergarments. I slip on a black tight sleeve shirt and place a baggy dark grey T-shirt on top. I then put on some black ripped jeans before putting on my socks and converse.

I brush my hair out and throw it over my shoulders. I go to the bathroom and wash my hands. Before I leave the room I look at myself through the mirror. I don't know what version of Kira Valentine this is but I do know one thing. This is the Kira Valentine that kissed Khaos Blackwell. I still can't wrap my head around it. I kissed Khaos and he kissed me. The thought of it made me smile. I brushed it off and headed to the kitchen.

When I get out there I see Khaos standing in the kitchen. He's shirtless and wearing grey sweatpants. I catch myself staring and I quickly look away.

"Hey." Khaos says, grabbing ingredients out of the cabinets.
"How'd you know I was here?" I say, taking a seat at the table.
"I have my ways Kira."

Khaos sets a pan on the stove and begins to mix ingredients into a bowl.

"So do you have any plans on how to fix the issue with the gangs." I say trying to create small talk.
"Honestly not really. Willow's trying her best to get insight on the Red Blaze Rapids. With Maverick being one of the best on the team I have him protecting her while I watch over you."

He speaks so calmly as if this whose situation isn't a big deal to him. For someone who had a target on his back I thinked he be a little more worried.

"So why don't you just have Maverick watch over me and you continue to watch over Willow?"
"Because you're in more danger than Willow is. Willow can hold her own."
"And you think I can't." I say getting a little defensive.

Khaos stops cooking and turns to look at me.

"Look that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is I don't think you can protect yourself against a whole bike gang by yourself."

He's got a point. Im strong willed and I can handle myself but a whole bike gang maybe not. Khaos turnd around and begind to cook again. With nothing else to do I skim around the room. I lock my eyes onto Khaos. I notice scars on his back. I'm surprised I never realized them.

"Hey Khaos."
"Yea?"
"What's those from?" I say gently.
"What are you talking about?"
"Uhm the scars."

I didn't get a response from him.

"Khaos?"

Still no response.

"Hey Khaos look it's okay if-"

I get cut off by Khaos halfway through my sentence.

"Don't worry about it." Khaos says coldly.
"Excuse me?"
"Don't worry about it Kira. It's none of your business so stay in your damn place."

Damn okay then, excuse me for asking a genuine question. One minute he's so sweet and considerate. The next, he's as cold as ice. I just wish he'd make his emotions clear. This is why we can't ever get along.

"What's your problem? You were just acting so sweet and considerate and now you're acting as cold as can be."
"I told you. It's none of your concern Kira. Anyways, here's your damn pancakes."

He sets the pancakes on the table and storms away into his room. I wonder what his deal is. I finish up the pancakes and wash my plate. They were actually really really good. Honestly I'm shocked that Khaos can cook that well. My thoughts are soon interrupted as I notice Willow walking through the door.

"Hey Willow."
"Hi." She says, grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge.
"Look. Im really sorry. You don't deserve to have to deal with you're brother being treated like that. Even if we aren't in best of terms the most I can do is respect him in front of you. I've agreed to work with him to help solve this situation after all I'm the cause of it. I know you worry and want you're brother to be safe just as much as I want my brother. I don't understand y'all's relationship but I'll respect it. I'm sorry Willow."

The room went silent as tears came about her emerald green eyes. She rushed to me and pulled me in for a hug.

"Kira it's okay. I didn't have any reason to be angry at you. I get how confusing everything probably is for you. You disrespecting my brother should be the least of your worries. You're like the sister I never had and I hate that I almost risked it all."
"Im just glad we're on good terms again Willow."

Me and her talked for a minute. I explained to her about Khaos getting defensive and her face looked ghostly.

"You're telling me all he did was storm off into his room?"

She genuinely seemed surprised as if she suspected something worse.

"Yeah. I know it's probably not a good idea but I think I should go talk to him. If we want any chance of keeping our brothers safe I have to be able to get alone with Khaos."
"Alright, well I'll give you some space with him."

She hands me my phone and a piece of paper with a number on it.

"If you need anything call me or Maverick. We're going out to try and find out more information. Though I don't think you'll need to call considering you deal with Khaos better than anyone I've ever known."

She heads for the door after giving me another hug. Just before she reaches the door I stop her.

"Hey Willow. Tell Maverick I said he got a good one."

She blushed a bit and it complemented her bright red hair. She then nodded and headed out the door. I heard the car start up and not too long after the car pulled out of the driveway. I take a deep breath and gather myself. I suppose I should go talk to Khaos now.

I approach the room I saw Khaos walk into. I knock on the door and there's no response. I assume he has earbuds on or something of the sort so he is unable to hear. I knock again and still no answer. With what his sister said I get a little alarmed that he may have hurt himself. I slowly begin to open the door and a faint sound hits my ears. As I get
into the room I notice the sound I was hearing was moaning.

I was standing in Khaos Blackwell's bedroom and there he was laying on his bed jerking off.