Chapter Five

I feel like I'm in an interrogation room. Except minus the freedom of speech, a lawyer, and the chance that I might actually see home again. I just wanna get this shit over with I'm exhausted. Not only did I use all my strength trying to get out of the chains, but the effects of the drink are still taking a toll on my body. Khaos mentioned something about going to get me a glass of water. I guess the kidnapper is a generous host after all, I mean it's not like I'm forced to be here or anything. My throat begins to hurt with each swallow I take. Maybe a glass of water won't be too bad, as long as he doesn't I don't know maybe slip something in it. A few more moments pass by and I finally hear the basement door open. Finally.

I blink, perhaps a little longer than usual. Words can't even come close to how exhausted I am. When I finally open my eyes I see Khaos standing in front of me. He definitely seems on edge. Almost as if one wrong word would set him off completely. He holds out the glass of water and I go to reach for it. The rattle of the chain rings through my ears. Oh yea how could I forget I literally cannot move. We give each other the death stare for a split second. His icy blue eyes pierce through my soul. I quickly break the eye contact. No need to test these waters.

Khaos seems to be thinking, I'm not quite sure what about but he's thinking that's for sure. The awkward silence makes me stand on edge. How in the world does he expect me to take the water I mean like c'mon he's still holding it out like a dumbass. He puts the water to his side and kneels in front of me. Our height difference is so big that he still manages to tower above me. My breathing intensifies within each second. I hate how close he is to me. The smell of cigars and sandalwood overwhelm me, almost like a whole different type of high. He reaches his hand out, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear before pressing the glass against my lips. He approached me in such a calming manor. My breathing slowed with each sip of water I took. He watched my every movement, like a hawk looking for it's prey. But with him it seemed like he was making sure I was comfortable.

I finish the glass of water. We gaze into each others eyes for a few more moments. His once icy blue eyes looked soft and full of electricity now. He laid a kiss apon my forehead. I wanted to hate it so bad but he was so calming I couldn't.

"Sweetheart," even his voice sounded husky and soothing, "Are you alright? You feel warm."

Ohhh so that's what he was doing, he was checking my temperature with his lips. My mom once told me that instead of using your hand to feel the temperature of someone place your lips gently upon their forehead instead, it's better for a more exact measurement.

"I- ," my voice turned hushed the moment I spoke and I very quickly became flustered.
"I- I'm fine, why do you ask?"

God Damnn Kira seriously seriously all you had to do was speak it's not that fucking hard.

The basement goes silent for a while. It feels like the room is closing in. It gets harder and harder to breathe within each minute. Im afraid to move. I'm afraid to make even the slightest bit of noise. I promise you, if you were to drop a pen or even the slightest pebble in this room right now it would sound like a gunshot to the ears. The silence is deadly. I watch as his chest moves with each silent breath he takes. In...one two three four...out...one two three four. The pattern repeats over the time. I watch as he silently shifts, getting up and heading to the door. I wonder where he went.

Within a few moments he arrives holding a towel, a glass, and a bottle. It takes me a minute to make out what the bottle is. It's ibuprofen. My eyes hang low from the amount of exhaustion I'm experiencing at the moment. I most likely would've been passed out by now if it wasn't for him coming and interrupting me. Speaking of which, is he ever going to get to those stupid questions?

He places the towel on my forehead and it sends shivers down my spine. Why is he being so nice to me? He helps me take the ibuprofen. He continues to give me sips of water until the glass is empty. He removes the wet rag off of my head and carries the supplies up the stairs

At this point I couldn't even tell you how long it's been since Khaos had been gone. I've completely lost all capability of thinking coherent right now. The things I would do to be asleep in my bed right now. I begin to rest my eyes. I can feel myself drifting asleep and quite frankly I don't really care. I hear a faint sound of the basement door. There's no way in hell I'm opening my eyes I physically can't. I feel a soft texture being laid apon my skin, I'm pretty sure it's a blanket of some sort but I'm not completely sure. I feel a smooth texture ever so gently touch my forehead and next thing I know I'm fast asleep.

"Get some rest my love. I can't be having you dying on me without getting any information, afterwards I could care less about what happens to you. Either way, we have a lot to get caught up on tomorrow."