Chapter Twelve

I wake up about normal time I suppose. I have no clue where everyone's at and to be honest I don't really want to know. I'm so confused and I hate it. One thing about me is I hate not knowing and that's exactly what this whole situation has been. Not to mention I can't figure Khaos out for the life of me. Why is Khaos being so genuine? I'm trying so so fucking hard to be pissed at him and I can't. Ugh everything about this whole situation frustrates me. If only- my thoughts get interrupted by Khaos entering the room.

"Hey Kira," he pauses for a moment, his body language is off an I can tell he's nervous.
"How are you doing? I know you was uhm a little distressed earlier."

Did he really have to ask. He could've just left it all alone. He makes everything worse. I wish he wouldn't have gotten in my fucking way. I should've killed him when I had the chance. Point blank. No hesitation. Infront of everyone.

"Yes Khaos I'm fucking great. You know it's not like my brother could be in danger because of us. It's not like we almost just got killed because we were getting shot at by two strange men. It's not like I've been held captive against my will. DO YOU NOT SEE THE PROBLEM!"

I make my way to Khaos. There's hardly any room between us as my dark brown eyes stare into his bright blue eyes. Hit. His eyes widen. He's full on giving me fucking skin walker eyes. I just hit Khaos Blackwell in the face. Okay but on a different note I really don't feel bad. For everything he's put me through he deserved to get hit by me of all people. From the way this dude is staring at me I don't think he's been hit by a girl before.

Why's this bitch still staring at me. I got no clue as to what he's going to do. Khaos is unpredictable. I mean that's kind of what makes him mysterious. That's what makes people so well afraid. If he doesn't stop staring into my soul oh my god. Finally he breaks our gaze and heads down the hallway before pausing.

"Maverick's on his way." His voice was low and almost on the verge of breaking.

And just like that he's back into one of the rooms. I sit on the couch before curling up into a ball on two of the cushions. I'm drifting asleep and I don't care.

I awaken to the sound of a car pulling into the driveway. I don't know how in the hell I managed to hear it but I did. I watch as Khaos walks around and over to the couch.

"Oh good, I was just about to come wake you up."
"Yea yea whatever. Is Maverick here?"
"Sweetheart drop the attitude we don't need to make this situation worse today."
"I'll do whatever I want Khaos. Now tell me, is my brother here?"
"Perhaps he is. Doesn't mean I'll let you see him. Especially not if you're going to continue to act like that sweetheart."

I get off of the couch and walk past Khaos, making my way to the door. A sudden force jolts me back. What the fuck. Khaos has a grip on my waist. I'm full up against this man and he is not letting go.

"Khaos let go of me. I'm serious."
"Or what? Oh I'm going to love this one."
"I'll tell Maverick." I say my voice full of certainty.
"Well, princess. You'd have to make it to Maverick for one. Second of all, yes Willow may be a kind and soft hearted gal but I highly doubt it'd stop her from listening to her older brother. I'm sure you're aware of the extent you'd go for your brother so I'm glad you two can relate to something."

What is up with him always bringing my brother and I into shit. He knows how to bother every nerve in my body.

"Khaos let me go. I mean it."
"Mm no I don't think I will."

Oh I know this man is not trying to challenge me right now. One way to get me to do just about anything. Challenge me. And there's no way that I'm going to stand here and let him get his way.

I begin to squirm out of his grip. Just when I think it's working he pulls me back in again, this time closer. I try again using different movements this time. Nope I'm even closer than before to him. His grip is like fucking quick sand, the harder you try to escape the more it brings you back in. I go to try and escape again. But with the grip he has on me now, I can't even move. He leans his head down to my ear.

"Sweetheart, I don't think you know what you can do to me. The way your body moves against mine even in the slightest way is.." he lets out a pleasured sigh before whispering.
"Heavenly."

He lets go of me. I'm pissed off the fact he thinks he can just say and do whatever he wants. Uh no I don't think so. Not to mention there's no way in hell this man just challenged me and won. At the same time, I'm a flustered mess. I wasn't even trying to do anything. If he didn't have such a grip on me I wouldn't have had to struggle and squirm that hard to get away and.. oh my god he planned that. Ooo I'm going to kill him.

I turn around and go to hit him. I mean I'd be fine hitting him anywhere but I was specifically aiming for the chest. Well stomach I guess considering the height difference but still.

He grabs my hand and kisses it. His lips are so soft. I've never felt such a gentle kiss before. No one kisses people on the hands these days and no one is definitely kissing them like that. His hands are humongous compared to mine. He's looking at me with these eyes and ah I'm melting. They're like puppy dog eyes but siren eyes at the same time. I don't know what it is but they can do wonders. I go to jerk my hand away from him because he still has a hold of it but nope that doesn't work. Instead he's spinning me around before placing his arm around my shoulder.

"Let's go get Maverick shall we?"
"Okay" I whisper.

My voice isn't able to force anything else out and my mind well it can't even process what just happened let alone form a sentence. We make our way to the door and Khaos finally gets his arm off of me. I see Maverick by his car talking to Willow and I immediately run over to him.

"Kira! Oh my god I missed you."

Me and Maverick hug each other for a good minute.

"I don't think you understand how much I missed your dumbass Mav."
"Hey! I'm not that dumb, I got Willow out of trouble didn't I." He says arrogantly.
"Okay but that doesn't mean anything. Anyways, how have you been Mav?"
"Im alright for the most part. Not including me being worried about you. I don't understand why Khaos would take you out in public considering the circumstances." He glares at Khaos.

Khaos walks over to me and Maverick.

"Oh c'mon Maverick. Drop it. There's no reason for us to continue to fight. Especially not around your lovely sister."

He sticks his hand out and smiles at me. Almost as if he's trying to piss Maverick off.

"C'mon Kira. I think it's time you finally understand what's going on."

I take his hand and he gestures at Maverick to follow Willow into the house.