Chapter Six

Khaos Blackwell's Perspective:
I wake up the next morning close to 9 or so. Hopefully Kira's gotten better because I need to get those damn answers out of her. I pull the covers off of me and slowly get out of bed. I have close to no energy in the mornings. I grab my black silk robe and wrap it around me before heading to the kitchen. I brew me up some coffee and begin to make some strawberry and blueberry waffles. I plate the waffles and pour me a cup of hot coffee. I add a little bit of creamer and sugar into my coffee but I like it pretty bitter.

Not too long after I finish the plate of waffles. I should probably check on Kira to see if she's awake just in case, though it's highly unlikely she'd get anywhere. I open the basement door and silently head down the steps. Sure enough there she is. She's sleeping propped up against the wall. I know she's exhausted and in distress but I have to get answers. The quicker I can get the answers I need, the faster I can get rid of her.

I head back up to the main floor. I open the wood door that leads to my room and head towards the closet. I put on a pair of black jeans and a dark grey hoodie. I put on black aviator sun glasses on top of my dark brown hair. I always end up having to shake or fluff up my hair when I take my sun glasses off of my head because it'll leave in indent in my hair due to the fluffiness. I put on my favorite pair of black boots and head for the door. I feel the warmth of the sun beating against my fair skin. I pull out my Iphone 13 pro max and the dialing sound fills my ears.

Kira Valentine's Perspective:
I wake up from the commotion upstairs. Every inch of my body hurts, after all I'm sleeping chained to a wall. I blink my eyes open trying to wake up. Oh I guess Khaos did place a blanket on me. Eventually I'm able to make out the surroundings around me which nothing has changed. I wish it would though because staring at the same scenery every day gets boring. All of a sudden I hear the basement door slam open and shut. Oh shit Khaos is probably pissed I didn't answer his questions.

"Khaos look I didn't mean to- ," I cut myself off when I see the figure appear at the bottom of the steps.
"Hey sugar, don't worry I'm not here to hurt you I was told to watch over you." She smiles.

Who the fuck is this? She's pale and has vibrant red hair. It's really long to be honest. She's medium sized I wouldn't say more than 140lbs. She's wearing black leggings, a white T-shirt, and has black boots on. She's really pretty but that's besides the point. I wonder what her connection is to Khaos. I give her a confused look.

"Oh right, let me formally introduce myself to you sugar. I'm Willow Rose, Khaos Blackwell's younger sister."

My heart sank immediately. If she's his sister she's obviously no better than he is. Who knows maybe she's even worse. I glance up at her and I'm pretty sure she can see the terror in my eyes.

"Hey sugar, what's your name?"
"Kira- Kira Valentine."
"Oh so you're the lovely girl Maverick's always talking about."
"Wait, you know Maverick? How in the hell do you know Maverick?"
"I went to highschool with him, we talked occasionally but we've been busy with work so we hardly hang out."
"Oh okay."

Not once in my life have I heard Maverick mention some girl named Willow. I'm not completely sure I believe her but the nicer I am to her the higher my chances are of busting out of this joint. It's silent for a few moments. I honestly think Willow's processing the surroundings and the situation. A few more minutes go by and she finally breaks the silence.

"You alright sugar? You look super pale. When's the last time you ate anything?"

She actually sounds concerned.

"Uhm. I'd say somewhere around three to four days."
"You're joking?!"
"Nope, the last thing I had was pancakes, I got put down here in early morning so technically it was the next day since I ate."
"How long have you been down here for?"
"Today would be the third day I believe."
"You've been chained up and in the same clothes without eating for three days?" Her emerald green eyes saddened.
"I mean yea but there's not much I can do, you're brothers pretty persistent on keeping me here."
"Hold on I'll be right back."