Monford Valaryon

For fifteen years,  the Baratheons have thought themselves better than House Valaryon, ever since the Velaryon house was forced to bend the knee to the Usurper. The lord of the house has grown tired of the insults from their leige, Lord Stannis Baratheon. The once prominent Westerosi house, was now obscure since the fall of the Targareyn's. Ever since becoming the Lord of Driftmark, Monford resented his father's decision to bend the knee. He would no longer stand  for the treatment he receives from Lord Stannis.
       Word from the east says that the exiled Targareyn children are gaining support. The Dornish Prince Oberyn was spotted in the same city as the Targareyn remnants alongside his paramour, his three eldest bastard daughters, and a large amount of ships and soldiers. When he got that news, he started to plan with his maesters on how to form an alliance with the Targareyn queen.
     The winds around Driftmark were heavy causing the ocean around the holdfast to crash waves against the shores.  The silver haired lord sat inside his study reading through reports, when he was interrupted.
      "My Lord, more news has come from Pentos by raven." Maseter Quarry stated as he walked into the lords study.
        Lord Monford took the letter from the Maester and broke the seal and scanned his violet eyes along the parchment. It read: The exiled Heir Rhaeanna Targareyn and her sister were attacked, the attack caused a fire in Magistor Illariyo's tower. The Targareyn's walked out of the fire unburnt with eight dragons clinging to the their naked bodies.
        The Lord gasped. "My lord, whatever is the matter?"
        "Maester Quarry, please call for my daughter. Tell her she is needed to make a secret alliance." The lord ordered.
         "Of course my lord."
                   ♦️♣️♥️♠️
       "Father, you asked for me?" The lords daughter walked in, her long midnight black hair swayed behind her as she walked through the threshold.
       "Valaena, yes.  Please sit down." The girl did as she was told, her eyes-thr same color as her father's- showed her concern. "A war is arising my dear and  I want to make sure we are on the right side."
      "Of course father." Valaena agreed. "Whatever you need me for."
      Lord Monford smiled sadly. "I need for you to sail east to Pentos to make an alliance with the Targareyn Heir. She has been gaining support there and I would like to show her our support by sending you with the layout of Dragonstone along with battle plans  for a siege."
     His daughters face lit up with joy, her smile much like her mothers. "Of course father, will I be leading a fleet to Pentos."
     The lord frowned. "No, my dear, it is too dangerous to send ships. Only you alongside a guard will be leaving for Pentos on the morrow. You will board a merchant's ship using this money." He said, handing her a worn down pouch of golden dragons. "Pack lightly and do not let anyone know your real name. When you arrive at the palace the queen resides in ask for her and Prince Viserys, only give your name when they are near."
      "Yes, father." Valaena said, standing. "I will leave now to pack, will you be joining Monterys and I for supper?"
       "Yes, my dear."
                          ♠️♥️♣️♦️
       "Valaena, did you collect the papers from the maesters?" Lord Monford asked over supper.
      "Yes father." Valaena asked. "Monterys how were your lessons?"
       "They were so long." The young boy of five complained. "And boring. Father, why do I still have to learn about the Targareyn's if they are gone."
       Valaena laughed at her brothers nonsense.  "They are not all gone, my son. Three Targareyn's still live and they will return."
       "Really?! When? Will there be dragons?"
       It was now Monford's turn to laugh. "You never know, from what I have heard, there just might be."
      At that Valaena looked shocked. "Really?" She asked hipeful, Monford nodded. "Father? Will the Targareyns react poorly when I meet them? They have every right to be angry with our house for bending the knee to the Usurper."
     "That I do not know my dear. But you must stay strong, you mustn't allow them to break your spirit. The Queen is known to be kind and just, I am sure she will understand whatever reasoning you give." Monford said.
       "Your leaving?!" Monterys asked, saddened at the thought of his sister leaving him. "But my name day comes soon, will you not be here?"
      "Oh little brother, I do hope I can make it home in time for your name day but father has asked something very important of me and I must see it through." Valaena explained. "But worry not, little one, I'll bring you back the most brilliant gifts I can find."
      Monterys laughed and he was now distracted by the thoughts of gifts rather than his sister leaving. Monford smiled as he watched his children interact at the dining table.
                ♦️♣️♥️♠️
      "I wish you didn't have to leave, sister." Monterys said sadly as he said goodbye to his sister in the entrance hall of Driftmark. "Come home soon."
       "Of course, little brother. Listen to father while I'm gone and focus on your studies." Valaena said, worrying over the brother she had the most part of in raising. "Soon your be able to train with weapons, you know."
      "I know, I can't wait!" Monterys exclaimed with a smile. "Don't worry, Val, I'll listen to father."
      Valaena knelt down to give her brother a hug before standing and facing her father.
      "The next time you see me, I'll be fighting along side our Rightful Queen." She stated, pulling him into a hug. "I won't let you down."
        Monford pulled away. "I know you won't, you never have."
        With that the eldest Valaryon child departed from her home with only a small sack of clothes, some gold,  important documents to give to a Queen, and a knight by the name of Ser Dominik to keep her protected. She boarded a merchant's ship using the name Elaena Rivers and didn't look back.

    authors note
I'm not quite sure how I'm feeling about this chapter or the last, they feel really rushed.