Chapter 20

Cherry POV

"Hey are you ok?" I kept my eyes down on the water. The two of us sat in his enormous tub filled to the brink with water. Honey scented bubbles surrounded and covered our entire bodies. I didn't even want to use my voice. I shouldn't even be sitting here after what just happened. I just wanted to make up a lie to make an quick escape but he wouldn't dare let me make it. Instead, I stayed because running away is all we have been doing lately.

He knew me too well anyways. He can read everything about me. From the tone of my voice, to my body language, to the emotions that I store deep in my soul. His eyes always are capable and spotting such things. Sometimes I truly hated it. Other time I couldn't be more appreciative.

"Cherry look at me." He said softly. The softest I've ever heard him be. Its catching me so off guard how he's handling me so gently and intentionally now. Tears begins to swell up and I couldn't allow for them to overflow. I kept my composure, not moving an inch.

Suddenly I felt his moist fingertips gently grasp my jaw. Tilting my head upward, our eyes met and I got lost in those green orbs.

"Can you please tell me what's going on with you." This is a side of him I never thought he would ever put on display. His concern had him frowning with sadness. He wanted my vulnerability so I took a deep breath releasing as much tension in my shoulders as I could before meeting his eyes.

"You said you loved me when we were having sex." I stated as my brain conjured up the memories of that exact moment. Whispering that he loved me while deep inside me all the while staring me deep in my soul with a look he  had never  given me before. I can just say that it got really passionate, but honestly we have always been passionate lovers. But that didn't just feel like passionate sex. Maybe he just for once got lost in the moment and said something without deeper meaning.

"And?" He asked intensely dragging me out of my own deep thoughts and daydreams. His green eyes bored into my own.

"Why would you say t-that?" My voice broke and stuttered. I take deep breaths now trying to regulate myself and closing my eyes to do so.

"It's because I do. I love you." He said softly. I sat still as my ears began ringing. My heart stopped for a split second and tripled in speed after those words left his lips. Honestly I could have sworn that I was hearing things. I don't know if I am hoping for all of this to be a joke .

"I don't  know if I can say that I believe you." I speak truthfully from my heart and mind now. Things seemed to have gotten more complicated and not being completely honest with him will not make things any better.

"I'm not surprised. I will really like to prove it to you if you allow me."

"This is unbelievable." I whispered to myself. I can admit, I want to be in denial. I want to pretend like everything that just transpired hasn't because now we are heading into unknown territory with one another. I could only shake my head.

In a swift motion, his hands went underwater  gripping my ankles and pulled me closer to him. Our eyes met again which made me feel uncomfortable in the most delicious ways.

I didn't flinch away as he continued to inch towards me. We are like magnets now because subconsciously I began to lean in even closer to him as well.

Our lips barely touched and my entire body began to tingle as if every pore on my body is having an explosion. A feeling so deeply tucked away in my soul came emerging out of me. Something that I never fully felt nor embraced until this moment.

"Baby why are you crying?" My emotions had gotten the best of me as he began wiping the salty heated tears away. This is something I wanted more than I realized. It is a bittersweet taste. Although, I could hear those words on repeat and never get tired of them.

"Can I hear it again?" I pleaded openly now.

"I love you." He whispered kissing my lips more passionately between every sentence now.

"I love you, Cherry. Whenever you need that reassurance don't be afraid to demand it."

I gave an understanding nod. I turned around and laid my naked body against his own. Now as he confession of love began to sinks in, my curiosity began to claw its ways out.

"What changed?"

"I thought  I could brush off the ideal of you becoming intimate with someone else. Loving someone else. Truth is my pride and ego told me it wouldn't be a problem. But instead they both died and my heart began breaking. It's just something I can't accept and I won't accept. I admit that I'm selfish. You deserve so much and I want to be the only one to give you that."

"You have a lot to make up for." I whispered as I was silently moved by his words.

"I have the rest of my life to make amends."

"We have the rest of our lives." I agreed.

" I have one more question for you Cherry?"

"Yes?" I answered curiously

"Will you be my girlfriend and my life partner?"