Chapter 2

The bell rang and I headed to lunch. Once I walked in,  I got my food and strolled to the table I always sat at. Everyone that I considered my friends were there. Sadly it was only a few people I truly socialized with.

I sat down next to Rade and looked around the table. Chris,  Rade best friend, was sitting next to Camren. Chris is oblivious to the fact that Camren likes him, but that's just boys for you. Then there is Cherry and Daniel.  We all know they have been sleeping together. Yet they say they don't want to ruin what they they have going on with a label. Honestly I don't think that will end well.

"So what do you want for your birthday babygirl." Rade questioned and everyone eyes lands on me.

"The presence of my friends would do just fine." I said with a chirpy voice.

"Oh my god, I knew she was going to say something boring." Camren said.

"You need to live more Ty. We can have a girls night and invite some strippers over." Cherry said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Invite who over? Hmm?" Daniel questions with a threatening glare.

"God it was a joke!" She claimed laughing nervously. The sight of this made me smile,  and they say it's just a fling. Sure.

"Even if she was serious, I would have declined. I mean where would we even get strippers from?" I questioned shaking my head.

"I mean you can have strippers, but me Daniel and Chris would have to be the strippers." Rade said with a devilish smile.

"Boy bye. We need guys that actually look good." I said with a snort, but in all honesty all the boys sitting at this table is fine as hell.

"Damn that hurts." Cherry said with a snicker.

"I would have to inform you that we three right here are the sexiest people on the planet." Chris said.

"Right." Rade and Daniel said in a union.

"You just can't handle it." Rade snorted.

"Handle what?" I questioned

"Handle me."

"Umm I doubt you are difficult to handle." The girls laughed at this.

"I don't know what's funny. Most girls can barely take the tip." Rade said cockily.

"OK!  Inappropriate convo. Plus you can't say stuff like that to her. You know her man don't like that." Camren said taunting him.

Rade looked at her with disgust written all over his face. He snorted.

"I don't give a fuck what he likes. Ty can do better." He said with anger lacing his words.

"Someone sounds jealous. " Chris mutters to Camren and she muffles her giggles. Rade threw him a warning glare.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I directed towards Rade.

"I'm just saying as your best friend, I want the best for you and I can tell you he isn't it."

"If I let you decide who is worthy enough for me then I would die single. " I muttered. Silence conquered the table.

"You guys just need to fu-" Chris began.

"Owwwe! What the hell was that for!" He spat at Daniel.

"They're just blind. Let them figure it out." Daniel retorted.

"Like you and Cherry." Chris muttered

"What was said?" Daniel questions.

"Figure it out." Chris mocks. Suddenly the bell rang, ending our lunch and intense convo. I stood up feeling a bit awkward.

"Well thank you guys for asking what I wanted but just chilling with y'all would be just find, ok?" I said as I threw my food scraps away.

"Whatever, lord she lives her life with some much boredom." Cherry said to Daniel as they walked together towards their class.

"Oh god,  bye guys." I said as I hurried to class.

*****************

School was finally over and I was in the school parking lot searching for Rade. Camren and I always rode with Rade since we are always at my house. It wasn't like they don't have their own homes and families. But our families were broken and fucked up. And we took comfort in each others presence. We made up our own little family and I was grateful for them.

Soon I spotted him walking towards me. He was closing the distance between us fast until someone stopped him in his tracks almost knocking me over.

Who might this someone be?  Her name was Bethany Davis. I try very hard to keep an open mind and not be so judgemental. Yet, with her I couldn't. I understand that around this age in our life, we want to experience thing and don't want to be tied down. That's cool. She sleep around a lot. I mean I'm not going to judge her on how she lives her life.

Yet she is nasty. She is mean, hateful, and deceitful. She's judgemental, a bully. She is also very racist. Very racist. Not that racism was anything new here.

"Hey rade, what do you have planned this weekend." She says trying to come off as seductive. I tried my best not to hurl. Rade gave me an amused smirk.

"Sorry I already made plans with Ty." He said making his way next to me. She turned toward me, narrowing her eyes as she finally acknowledged my presence. Suddenly she gave me a very disturbing smile.

"Don't you have a boyfriend Sky. "

"It's Ty and yes why?"

"Curious. Maybe you should spend time with him so l can borrow him?"

Pissed of. Infuriated. That's how I felt.

"No thanks." I began to walk off.

"Black ghetto slut." I heard her mutter. I stopped in my tracks and turned to face her.

"What did you say?"

"What are you talking about."

"I'm talking about that stupid racist shit you thought I didn't hear."

"Look I didn't say anything."

"So you just didn't call me a black ghetto slut. "

"No, but even if I did, that's what you're acting like."

I opened my mouth to say something but I was cut off by Rade.

"What the fuck dude? If anyone is acting like that is you. Damn your so fucking racist." He said with anger dripping in his voice as he grabbed me and began to stalk off.

"No Rade. I wasn't saying ot like that. Your not like them.  I m-"

"Not like them?!" He hollered whipping his head back around to glare at her. Stalking up to her making her shrink back in fear he said, " I am just like "them. ""

She began to stutter out her apologies but her pleas fell on death ears as he led me to his car where Camren was waiting for us.

"Are you guys ok?"

"No." We both said hopping in the car.

********

"Damn, you should have beaten her ass." Camren said as she pulled her thick curls into a bun.

"Doing that would have just proven her "right" in everyone eyes. We always be seen in that light no matter if we act on those stereotypes or not." I said sighing while looking out the window.

"Anyone would have beaten her ass. You fighting doesn't mean your ghetto. But I see where your coming from." She said while pulling me into a hug kissing my forehead.