Chapter 3

"Why are you frowning like that and why are you all dressed up?" Rade questioned as he continued to stare at me while laying on my bed. I tried to ignore the butterflies that sprung to life whenever he does that. I stood in front of the mirror not taking a liking to the outfit Camren picked out for me.

"This dress makes me look like a fat pig." I said with a pout.

"An attractive pig." He replied with a smile.

"Oh my god!  And your just going to agree with me. I must really be a fat pig." I cried out resting my hand against my stomach. That deep laugh of his filled the room. He seemed to find me very amusing. Maintaining my anger was hard when he is just so happy. His happiness was my happiness.

"You not fat just thick with curves." He said with a wink.

"Thick is a nice word for fat." I said with a snort.

"Should I straighten my hair?" I said with a frown while I stared at the curls that surround my face. I always wore it like this. I felt free and wild. Maybe his parents would see it as untidy and inappropriate. They may see it as me not being fit for his son.

"That's not really your style, just be you. You are naturally attractive." He said.

"I just don't want to make a bad impression." I said in a low voice.

"Who are you trying to impress? And you still haven't told me where you are going." He said as he got up to stand behind me. I was rubbing my stomach still.

"I have dinner with Jay and his parents tonight, remember?" I said still trying to flatten my stomach with my hands. I didn't realize it at first, but the room was filled with silence for awhile. I looked up to see Rade face blank and void of any emotion as he continued to stare at me.

"I guess." He finally said as he began to walk out and it sent a piercing pain through my chest. This brought back bad memories. I tried to grab him and demand to know what was wrong. But me being the clumsy person I am, I ended up tripping over my own two feet and pulled Rade down with me.

"Owwwwww" I said. I fell on my ass hard. Yet the pain that I felt didn't linger long. My heart began to pound rapidly, my mouth went dry and my throat became swollen when I realised that Rade laid in between my thighs hovering over me.

"I'm s-sorry." My voice sounded weak and squeaky as stuttered my apology. He said nothing as his hazel eyes fell to my lips. I couldn't breathe anymore as my own eyes lowered to his full lips. He began lean in so close that I was breathing the same air as him. His warm fingers tilt my head up as he began to lower his-

"Aye, guys I think Jay is here." Camren hollered from downstairs. Rade stopped. Multiple emotions appeared on his face. Confusion, shock, anger, and then nothing. He wore that mask once again. I knew something was bothering him, but he kept silent. Finally, he got off of me, avoiding eye contact. The lost of contact with him sadden me and I was ashamed of that. I hurried downstairs trying to catch my breath and look presentable.

That shouldn't have happened.

My focus should be on Jay and his parents. I shouldn't feel this way about Rade.

It shouldn't hurt me that he couldn't look at me.

I shouldn't be hurt if he regretted it.

It shouldn't bother me this much.

I just need to calm down a bit. I love Jay. We aren't perfect, but we are good together.

We are good together......

Soon I was at the door and I opened it to see Jay standing there in a blue button down shirt with black slacks and shiny black expensive shoes.

"Damn, you look pretty." I gave him a small smile.

"Thanks." I said with a forced smile.

He threw a smile back my way. Then he looked over my head and his smile flattered turning into a scowl.

I turned to see Rade leaning against the wall looking at us.

"Why are you here?" Jay said in an annoyed tone.

"When am I not here." He replied dryly.

"Let's not do this tonight guys." I said trying to push Jay out the door. Having them both in the same room is both awkward and stressful for me.

"I'll be waiting for you to get back Ty." Rade said.

"Damn is he your dad now." Jay said with sarcasm dripping in his words. I was about to say something but was cut short.

"I don't see her dad around anywhere,  so don't get mad for me being protective of her."

That response caused me to cringe from the piercing pain I felt in my chest. I closed my eyes to slow my breathing and stop the tears that wanted to slip out.

I felt someone grip my arm and I looked up to see Jay looking at me with worry.

"Let's go. " I whispered to him. I just wanted to get out of there.

"Ty, I'm so-" Jay shut the door before he could finish. We began to walk to his car.

"Baby are yo-"

"Babe can we just act like that wasn't said. I just want to have fun tonight."

He stayed silent as we got in his car and drove to his house. Once we got to his front door, he turned towards me.

"Um, I really love you Ty.  I want you to know that." He said a bit nervous.

"I love you too, but what's wrong." I cradled his face with my hand seeing worry and stress in his blue eyes.

"Nothing babe, let's get you inside."

"Ok." We walked in hand in hand.