Chapter 10

Soon I was making my way up the driveway with Rade and Chris behind me. Camren had called Chris too it seems. Once we approached my door, we realized that it was slightly cracked open. This could only mean that she left out the house without closing the door or someone got in. We hurriedly got inside the house searching for Camren.

Soon I spotted her in the kitchen with a cloth to her bleeding lip. I was beyond broken and angered at this sight. Haven't she been through enough?

I hurried over to her, carefully capturing her in my arms.

"He broke open the door and slapped me to the side. He is still here." She whispered. I was ashamed of myself for putting her in this situation. I tried to apologise but she just told me to shut up with such non sense. I shouldn't have left her here alone like that.

I was also afraid to allow the boys to see her like this. And it didn't take long for them to find us.

They were fuming with rage. I could tell by the way they were acting and talking that they were scaring Camren. She tried to hide it but she seemed really alarmed and on defense. I mean she is constantly being beaten on by an angry fucked up man. Angry men makes her uncomfortable and weary.

Suddenly we heard footsteps heading down the stairs. Jay entered the room and so did the deafening silence leaving Camren and I on edge. I pushed her behind me as I kept my angered eyes on Jay.

"Ty... We need to ta-"

He was unable to finish his sentence. He was unable to fight back. He was only able to let out blood-curdeling screams. Camren own screams bounced off the walls as her pleas for it to stop fell on death ears.

Chris refused to hear reason as his fist were beginning to become painted with the blood of the person who dared to lay a hand on Camren. His actions showed anything but mercy as he didn't stop even after Jay was unconscious.

I was terrified myself. Chris was cold and calm. He said nothing as he beat Jay to a bloody pulp. Rade stood in front of me and he hadn't moved since this had begun. I reached forward and turned him around in a feeble attempt to end this.

"Rade, stop him." I pleaded. He looked at me in disbelief.

"So we are going to let another bitch boy get away with putting their hands on Camren."

"I'm not saying that, but if he doesn't stop then Jay might end up dying."

"I wouldn't mind." He muttered turning back around to continue watching a possible murder go down. His response punched me harder than ever.

Suddenly Camren pushed past Rade and I as she made her way over to the horrific scene.

"Stop it." She cried out to Chris as she pulled him off of Jay.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You are going to fucking kill him." She said as she stood between Chris and Jay's limp body. Chris cold demeanor began to crack as he took in his surroundings. He attempted to reach out for her.

"Don't touch me!" She hissed jumping away with fear in her eyes. This shocked him. I could see the hurt in his eyes

"Camren I'm co-" he began.

"Just go clean up." She cut him off as she turned to check on Jay. He stood there staring at the back of her trying to deal with all that was happening. I tapped Rade on the shoulder, still pissed from his lack of assistance in this situation.

"Go take him upstairs." I said coldly and began to make my way over to Jay and Camren before a hand captured my wrist in an iron grasp.

"Are you seriously going to fucking help him after everything he did?" Rade questioned with rage burning in those hazel eyes of his. I gave him a hard glare

"Keep your hands to yourself like you been doing this entire time." I snapped as I snatched my hand from his. He did as he was told soon after and took Chris upstairs to clean up. I could tell from the heavy footsteps and the slamming doors that I pissed him off. I didn't care though.

Soon we had Jay on the couch as we began to clean up his wounds. I went to get a knife just in case he woke up on some bullshit. I mean I am furious at his actions lately, yet I could never wish death on anyone nor could Camren. He is going to suffer. He deserves to. I just don't think it's meant for us to inflict it so gruesomely. He is still a person at the end of the day.

He awoke from his unconscious state not long after and I gave Camren the knife. His swollen blue eyes landed on me and he attempted to speak to me through his busted lips but I shushed him.

"You will listen. I understand you want to explain yourself, but after all you did you have no room to speak. I don't want you back. No matter what you say, it could never mend nor dismiss your actions. I was in love with you. And I will always love the Jayshun that I knew as a person. Which is why you are not getting beat on at this moment. I only want two things from you and nothing else. I want you to leave me alone and just live your life. And I need you to apologise to Camren." I said calmly as I watched his blue eyes fill with despair and regret as tears began to fall.

"I'm so sorry." He croaked at Camren. She only nodded. His eyes flew back to my own.

"Ty I love you. I don't want to lose you. Can we at least be friends." He whispered. I shook my head.

"At this moment, I can't see that happening in the future." I said .

"Ok." He said in understanding and disappointment. He began to get up to leave. Camren and I followed him out to where one of his friends he called to come get him was waiting. Once he was in his friends car, he turned to us.

"I didn't deserve it, but thanks for patching me up." He whispered. We just nodded. He was driven away and we made our way back to the house.

The boys were still upstairs when we made it in. Suddenly Camren turned to face me.

"I'm going home for a couple of days." She murmured. My heart began to pound rapidly with fear. I didn't want her to leave and I hated it when she did. But I couldn't stop her.

"He is coming back home this soon?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"I thought he was suppose to be out of town." I stated.

"The person he was out of town with had a family emergency. So he came back early. They are leaving back out again in a couple of days."

"Okay. I just wish that I could take you and Maddy away to live with me forever." I choked out through a swollen and dry throat. She gathered me into her arms as she tried to comfort me when I should be the one comforting her. It's always like this. How can she be so strong?

"As long as my little sister is okay then I'm okay. Tell the boys I said bye. I doubt they would let me go if I did it myself." I agreed. I walked her to the door giving her one past hug and kiss as I waved my goodbyes and then shut my door locking it.

I made my way upstairs and could see Rade and Chris in the bathroom talking. I decided to peep my head in.

"Look guys. Camren is gone home for a few days. I'm going in my room. Y'all are welcomed to sleep in the guest room but if y'all leave lock my door." I said. As I was existing I heard Rade call out to me.

"Ty. About earlier, I-"

"Rade I'm too pissed off to discuss anything with you." I said as I continue down the hall to my room and shutting it.

I jumped into my bed. I wanted to cry and scream. This entire weekend was a fucking mess. I broke up with a cheating boyfriend who was almost beaten to death. I have a best friend who I think I love and I think loves me who was willing to watch. And I have another best friend who was forced to go home to get beaten. I hoped for a good weekend and I regret even having expectations of anything good happening. That night Rade snuck into my bed to hold me, but I felt nothing at all. The next morning I didn't even bother waking him up. I just left and hoped to see Camren at school without any bruises.