Escaping Asgard

Soon enough Jane was fast asleep. I sat in the lounge chair within my room near the balcony, viewing the rising sun. A most calming view. I took in a deep breath relaxing and enjoying myself when Jane began to make noise. I looked over into the room and it appeared she was having a nightmare. I knew it was likely a side effect from having the Aether running through her body for so long.

    "Jane? Jane, wake up." I said softly being very careful around her unsure what she was capable of.

    "Huh?" Jane woke groggily and she looked up at me.

Suddenly Asgardian Guards came barraging through the doorway.

    "Crap." I huffed.

    "Lady Jane Foster, you are to come with us." The guards said. "Your Highness? You are under arrest." He stated firmly.

    "There's no need for cuffs, gentlemen. I will come as long as you allow me to stay with Jane." I stated bravely.

The head guard nodded and Jane and I were gathered and brought down from the chambers tower.

    "Wait, what are you doing?" I asked as they began to guide Jane differently than I. "No, I must go with her." I argued.

    "You are going down to the dungeons to await punishment for your treason against Asgard." He explained and slapped cuffs over my hands.

I tried to use my gifts only to find the cuffs barring me.

    "I've got to say I'm impressed. You've updated since last time." I scoffed.

    "We knew you'd return at some point. So we prepared." The guard shrugged as he led me to the dungeons.

I was shoved into the cell beside my brother. I slammed my fists onto the glowing yellow force field that held me inside.

    "It's no use." Loki's voice echoed through to mine. "Hello, sister."

    "Loki." I huffed annoyed. "Obviously I am aware. But I'm still angry about being put in here."

    "Aren't we all?" He chuckled. "Though I was not stupid enough to return of my own free will."

    "Oh shut up." I growled looking over into his cell. "Enough of your hard shell, Loki. You deflect because you're afraid to allow yourself to be close to anyone anymore. Had you not been such a... a... Dick before we arrived here before your sentencing maybe I would have tried to rescue you. But you deserved to rot in this cell at least for some time. I hoped maybe you'd have learned your lesson. But you're being heartless and cold as always."

    "All right. I get it." Loki scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I'm the same monster now as I've always been."

    "No, Brother. You were never one in my eyes. You've only fooled yourself to believe such a thing. I still believe that the brother I grew up with is somewhere underneath all of that which you have closed yourself off from." I said harshly.

We sat in silence and I happened to notice a flicker from Loki's cell. I walked by the wall which we shared that separated us. I could eventually see Thor walking down the dungeon steps towards us.

    "Well, well." Loki chuckled. "Thor. Now it's a family reunion. After all this time and now you come to visit. Why?" Loki growled. "Have you come to gloat? To mock?"

    "Oh enough." I groaned annoyed. "Loki, no more illusions."

Loki peered over at me with darkness in his eyes. But he bowed in submission and lifted the illusion that covered his room. The illusion was perfect but underneath that, his room was a mess and so was he. Furniture scattered across the floor. Glass shards and books and paper tossed about.