Is It Really Possible?

After checking on Noah and making sure he was okay. I came back into the conference room, where Scott was pacing and mumbling to himself still. I stood next to Steve and crossed my arms over my chest watching him just as the other two were doing.

    "Scott." Steve said and he continued pacing. "Scott." He stated louder and a little harder. "Are you okay?"

    "Yeah." Scott said stressfully rubbing his face. "Have any of you ever studied quantum physics?"

    "Only to make conversation." Nat replied.

    "All right, so five years ago, right before... Thanos." Scott mentioned cautiously. "I was in a place called the Quantum Realm."

    "How did you manage to do that?" I asked curiously. "You'd have to be microscopically small."

    "Exactly. With my suit I can turn really big or really small. It's a microscopic universe. To get into the Quantum Realm you have to be incredibly small. Hope. She's my, uhm... She was my... She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened... And I got stuck there."

    "I'm sorry that must have been a very long five years." Nat said.

    "Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours. See, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich?" Scott asked quickly. He moved to the desk and took the other half of Nat's uneaten sandwich. "I'm starving."

    "Well, you were gone for five years. I'm not surprised. But Scott, what are you actually talking about?" I asked curiously.

    "So..." Scott said muffled by food in his mouth. "What I'm saying is time works differently in the Quantum Realm. The only problem is right now we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if we could somehow control the chaos... and we could navigate it? What if there was a way that we could enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time but then exit the Quantum Realm at another point in time? Like... Like before Thanos."

    "Wait." Steve stopped him. "Are you talking about a Time Machine?"

    "No. No, of course not. No, not a Time Machine. This is more like, uhm... Yeah, like a Time Machine." Scott sighed. "I know, it's crazy. It's crazy. B-But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be... Some way... It's crazy."

    "Scott, I get emails from a raccoon." Nat responded to him as he seemed to beat himself down about his idea. "So nothing sounds crazy anymore."

    "So, who do we talk to about this?" Scott wondered.

    "Well, there's only one person I can think of that would have the smarts, the access, and the know how to put together something like that. But he's not exactly on great speaking terms with nearly half the people in this room." I pointed out.

    "We have to try." Nat perked up. "We'll go tomorrow morning. You guys are welcome to your old rooms. Scott, I'll set you up in one. Come with me."

Nat and Scott began to walk away from us and up the bedroom halls. I stopped and sighed looking up at Steve.

    "You're thinking hard about something. I can tell. What is it?" Steve asked as he approached me.

    "What if he's right?" I blurted quickly as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "What if Scott's right? What if Tony can do this? We go back in time and... and get the stones back. We snap and bring everyone back."

    "Well, it's a long shot." Steve shrugged as he held me close. "But it's worth a try isn't it?" He asked.

    "Of course it is." I sighed. "But, just think about it for a minute. We'd be bringing millions of people back into this world after being gone for five years. Our friends, the other parts of our families..."