A Jolly Green Giant

Nat had Bruce's contact info. She set up a meeting with him and we met up at a New York City Diner the next morning for breakfast. Noah went to Stark Industries for the day. A play date between him and Morgan while Happy watched over the two for us. He was the only babysitter I trusted with Noah.

As we got to the restaurant we each sat down. Nat sat next to Scott and I sat next to Steve. A big green man came walking into the diner and sat across from us at the same table. Each of us had on shocked faces to see our dear old friend come to us in this condition. He ordered plenty of food, apparently his usual from here and each of us hardly made a sound.

    "Come on, I feel like I'm the only one eating here." Bruce mentioned with a big smile across his face as he dug into the giant plate off eggs and sausage that sat before us all. "Try some of that. Have some eggs."

    "I'm so confused." Scott said as Bruce pushed the eggs towards him and Nat.

    "These are confusing times." Bruce chuckled slightly.

He was wearing large human clothing over his body. Glasses covered his green hulk like face. But there was more Bruce to him now then before.

    "Right, no, no. That's not what I meant." Scott stammered.

    "Nah, I get it. I'm kidding! i know it's crazy." Bruce gestured to himself. "I'm wearing shirts now."

    "Bruce, buddy." I smiled as I looked at my old friend. "I still don't think that's quite what he meant. I think Scott and well, all of us are wondering, how? And why?" I asked.

    "Five years ago, we got our asses beat. Except it was worse for me. 'Cause I lost twice. First Hulk lost, then Banner lost. And then, we all lost."

    "No one blames you, Bruce." Nat mentioned.

    "I did." Bruce stated. "For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease... Something to get rid of. But then, I started looking at him as the cure. Eighteen months in the gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together. And now look at me." He smiled as he showed himself off. "Best of both worlds."

A group of children came slowly walking over towards our table.

    "Excuse me, Mr. Hulk?" The girl said trying to hid her excitement.

    "Yes?" Bruce turned and looked at the three young kids. Two of them must have been teenagers and the other maybe about 10.

    "C-Can we get a photo?"

    "100% little person." Bruce said happily. "Come on, step on up. Do you mind?" Bruce looked at Scott since he was the nearest to him to get a good angle shot for the picture.

    "Oh, yeah. Yeah." Scott nodded and he took the phone from Bruce.

    "Say Green!" Bruce told the kids as he took off his glasses.

    "Green!" The kids said giving their best smiles.

    "Did you get that?" Bruce asked.

    "That's a good one." Scott mentioned. He began to hand the camera back to Bruce. "Do you wanna get one with me? I'm Ant-Man." He asked. The kids awkwardly looked at each other and none of them made a sound. "They're Hulk fans. They don't know Ant-Man."

    "Wait, no, no." Bruce tried to reassure him.

    "Nobody does." Scott said.

    "No, he wants you to take a picture with him." He tried to persuade the kids and they began to shake their heads no.