Another Heartbreak

The skiff suddenly exited the portal and the world was indeed dark. The skiff bounced roughly across the ground.

"Ta-da!" Loki said proudly.

We hovered in the air and I looked out at the desolate lands below. Ruin and scraps of what the world must have once been.  I moved and sat up near Loki while Thor sat close to Jane making sure she was warm, tucking the blanket more around her body.

"Ah, what I could do with the power that flows through those veins." Loki noted.

"Brother, that power would consume you." I replied with an eye roll.

"Well, she's holding up all right. For now..."

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know." Thor mentioned while looking at her lovingly.

Oh how I longed for that kind of love...

"Say goodbye." Loki scoffed.

"Not this day." Thor replied simply.

"This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heartbeat." Loki stood as he spoke. "You'll never be ready. The only woman who's love you've prized will be snatched from you."

"And will that satisfy you?" Thor snapped.

"Satisfaction is not in my nature." Loki replied.

"Surender is not in mine."

"The Son of Odin..."

"No! Not just of Odin. You think you alone were loved of Mother? You had her tricks, but I had her trust." Thor stated, his voice raising.

"Trust?" Loki scoffed with a dark look in his eyes. "Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die?"

"What help were you in your cell?" Thor approached Loki angrily.

"Who put me there? Who put me there?!" Loki yelled back in Thor's face.

"You know damn well who!" Thor said as he gripped Loki's collar and forced him backwards. Pining him underneath his body.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" I shouted and stood to my feet. "I can guarantee you she is looking down upon us right now and ashamed of the two of you! Mother would not want you to fight!" I pulled the two apart and while Thor looked repentant, Loki looked at me with raised brows.

"Well, she wouldn't exactly be shocked." Loki said as a soft smile came across his face.

"You're a pain." I scoffed with a slight smile curling at the corner of my mouth.

"I wish we could trust you." Thor said plainly.

"Trust my rage." Loki replied back and we both looked at him.

As Jane slept we came up with a plan. We had to get Malekith to remove the Aether from her body and before he could consume it. We would destroy it. The closer we got to our destination, we could see Jane getting more uncomfortable. Suddenly her eyes opened and she sat up looking off into the distance.

"Jane?" Thor asked her softly.

"Malekith." Jane stated as a large ship appeared in the distance.

We climbed out from the skiff and walked up the black sands and looked on from the cover of a large hill as the ship made it's connection to the ground.

"All right. Are you ready?" Thor asked Jane softly and she nodded.

"I am." Loki grinned and I shoved his shoulder playfully.