Stopping The Ragnarok Prophecy

I arrived on the planet Muspelheim. It was steamy from all the fire and oh so very hot and humid. I pressed a few buttons on the pod and coordinated it back to the Milano. I watched for a moment as it took off without me and then as I looked around, I couldn't hear or see my older brother anywhere. I walked around for a few minutes when I spied Mjolnir on the ground. There seemed to have been a fight of sorts. Someone must have captured Thor.

I walked towards a large dark cave and the closer I got the more I could hear voices. A tingle was shot down my spine hearing the voice of Surtur. The fire demon that was said to be our home planets destructor.

"Okay, so let me get this straight." I heard Thor mention as I snuck around a corner seeing a large room in front of me. Thor was covered by chains and dangling like a prisoner. Though he didn't seem overly worried. "You're going to put your crown into the Eternal Flame... and then you'll suddenly grow as big as a house?"

    "A mountain!" Surtur boomed from his throne.

Boy he really was a giant fire demon just as I had seen in my dreams.

    "The Eternal Flame that Odin keeps locked away on Asgard?" Thor questioned him curiously.

    "Odin is not on Asgard." Surtur relayed and I immediately frowned. That would explain why the realms were all in chaos. "And your absence has left the throne defenseless."

    "Okay, so where is it? This crown?" Thor asked.

    "This is my crown, the source of my power." Surtur pointed to the giant pointy horns on his head.

    "Oh, that's a crown." Thor mentioned slowly. "I thought it was a big eyebrow."

I rolled my eyes at my brothers response. As he turned in the chains from where he dangled he noticed me in the shadows. We smiled at one another and he gave me a nod. I nodded back and waited for him to give a signal for me to come out.

    "It's a crown." Surtur growled annoyed.

    "Anyway, it sounds like all I have to do to stop Ragnarok is rip that thing off your head."

Surtur chuckled and sat up from his throne. He grabbed his massive flaming sword and began dragging it down, getting closer to my brother.

    "But Ragnarok has already begun. You cannot stop it." He grabbed Thor's chains and lifted him up slightly. "I am Asgard's doom, and so are you and that sister of yours. All will suffer, all will burn at your hands."

    "Oh, that's intense." Thor nodded. "You know to be honest, seeing you grow really big and set fire to a planet would be quite the spectacle. But it looks like I'm gonna have to choose option B. Where I bust out of these chains, reunite with my sister and we will knock that tiara off your head, and stash it away in Asgard's vault."

    "You cannot stop Ragnarok. Why fight it?" Surtur growled.

    "Because that's what heroes do." Thor grinned and I watched him open his hand behind his back. I moved to step forward into the light, but Mjolnir hadn't arrived yet. Suddenly we could hear it crashing through the caves. "Wait, I'm sorry. I didn't time that right... And... NOW!"

Thor shouted as Mjolnir burst through the room. I jumped out and clapped my hands together before blasting Thor's chains. Mjolnir landed in his hand pulling him away as his chains broke and back towards me, just as Surtur had tried to reach out for him. Surtur let out a rather loud laugh and raised his sword into the air.

    "You two have made a grave mistake, Odinson and Odindottier."

    "I make grave mistakes all the time." Thor boasted proudly. "Everything always seems to work out."