Deeply Missed

I slowly pulled into the Ravager bay and began to climb off my ship. Suddenly I was being tackled to the ground.

    "Ouch." I groaned mostly annoyed.

    "Are you kidding me, Y/n? You left me! You left me, leaving behind nothing more than a note! A note! I've been worried sick about you, unable to call your ship because the number had been disconnected. Even Aren has been worried and that's saying something!" Peter shouted as he laid on top of me.

    "Bursting my ear drums." I groaned and tried to shove him off. "My ship was sacrificed for the good of my family. I'm sorry, I've been a little preoccupied and unable to call."

    "Are you going to tell me what happened?" Peter raised a brow. His strong arms on either side of my head that were rather distracting.

    "Are you going to get off?" I questioned back and Peter's face pinked realizing the compromising position we were in.

    "No, no, please continue squishing her." Aren's voice echoed sarcastically. Both of our heads whipped over in the direction his voice came from. "Okay, off. Here we are. Up you go." He grunted as Peter rolled off and then gave me a hand to help me off the floor. "How could you not call! I was worried sick!" Aren said as he smacked the back of my head.

    "Ow!" I yelped and scowled at him. "Geez, I'm home now. I was busy saving the galaxy. Couldn't exactly pick up a transponder or call because you know my ship was blown up." I shrugged casually. Peter's jaw dropped and Aren looked unsurprised.

    "Asgard?" Aren questioned and I nodded. "I told you going back was a terrible idea."

    "My mother died, Aren. I had to go back." I said sadly.

    "Oh, Y/n." Peter gasped and engulfed me in a hug. "I-I know what that's like. I'm so sorry."

    "I know, it's all right. She is watching over me. I know it." I said softly as I looked into Peter's eyes. Aren cleared his throat as he noticed us leaning in closer together, making us snap out of it and separate.

    "Hey, come on. We were just about to go into a meeting for another job." Peter said quickly, linking his hand with mine. Something he'd done a thousand times before and a thousand times after causing my heart to beat rapidly in my chest.

    "Well, well. Nice of you to join us, missy." Yondu said as we entered the meeting room.

    "Uh, hello." I waved awkwardly.

    "As I was saying. There's been some speculation over this Orb and he's going to be giving us a holo-map projector to it's location. This Orb is of special value and we need it to give it to the broker for a heavy price." Yondu explained. "It would be about 20,000 units a pop for each of us."

    "He offering you what? 400,000 units for the thing?" I asked with a slight scoff.

    "That's right, young lady." Yondu nodded, showing his teeth in a giant yellowy grin. "You got a problem with that?"

    "Not a one." I pursed my lips and smiled back.

The meeting adjourned and each of us headed to bed to get ready for the next day. I walked into my old room and saw a picture of Peter and I on the stand. We had just finished a mission on a glob planet. I had used my powers to destroy the creature before it could destroy the Ravager ship. Peter who was close by had been completely covered as it exploded. Covering him head to toe in green alien goop. I was laughing hysterically at him before he decided to come over and hug me. Which I had desperately tried to get away from. Goop was after all hard to get out of hair and clothing! Peter was looking at me lovingly and I was so distracted by myself being covered in goop I hadn't even noticed. Aren did though and he's the one who snapped the picture.

I sighed as I ran my fingers along it placing it back down on the dresser. I got into some pjs and climbed into bed. As I was about to turn my light off the air hissed from my door way as it opened.

    "Don't you ever knock?" I laughed as Aren walked into my room.

    "Why would I need to do that?" He chuckled and took a seat at the bottom of my bed.

    "Hey, who knows. I could have had someone else in here. You wouldn't want to walk in on something like that, now would you?" I asked and he shivered.

    "Of course not. But I also know you have no one so I don't have to worry about that right now." He grinned and I threw my pillow at him.

    "Hey!" I scoffed offended.

    "I just wanted to come check in and see how you were doing." He said softly.

    "I'm... Processing." I sighed.

    "Losing your mother must have been very difficult for you. You were in rough shape when I saw you last. And yet this time something else is bothering you." He pointed out and I looked up at him. Aren knew me all too well.

    "I-I lost my brother too..."

    "Prince Thor?" Aren gasped surprised.
    "No. Thor is very much alive. Loki is dead."

    "Oh, Y/n. I'm so sorry." Aren moved closer and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

    "I just don't get it. He said these crystals were supposed to have the power to save someone's life. I put mine around his neck and the light went out. But he didn't come back." I explained questioning everything with a frown. A lone tear strayed down my face.

    "Death isn't meant to be reversible. All you can do now is just cherish the time you had with him. Carry him with you in those crystals as a memory. Preserved for the rest of your life. He's always with you, Y/n. As is your Mother. The ones who love us never truly leave us."

    "Thank you, Aren." I sighed and laid down on the bed.

Aren left the room after placing a swift kiss to my forehead and turning out the light. As he entered the hall, Peter was just about to enter the room.

    "She's finally asleep. Her body needs it after everything she's been through." Aren explained softly.

    "Is she alright?" Peter asked concerned.

    "She's handling things. But like usual she's hiding her pain. Just give her some time and she'll open up to you." Aren said resting a hand gently on Peter's shoulder.

    "I don't understand. She's always been so guarded with me. I've tried being open with her, but it's so hard when someone can't be open with you." Peter sighed exasperated.

    "She's had a hard life, Peter. Harder than you could possibly imagine and I'm sure she worries that if you found out about everything. You wouldn't like her anymore."

    "What?" Peter laughed incredulously. "That's impossible. What could she possibly tell me that would make me dislike her?"

    "Peter, I need to ask you something." Aren stated firmly and dragged him around the corner. "How much exactly does she mean to you?"

    "What's that supposed to mean?" He scoffed.

    "Just answer the question." Aren said irritably.

    "Fine. She means everything to me."

    "Good. Never let that change no matter what she may tell you."

    "Never." Peter shook his head.

    "I won't always be here to protect her. I need to know that you will be." He asked looking seriously at Peter.

    "Of course I would. I would protect her with my life." Peter said nervously.

Word Count: 1292

Sorry guys about the short chapter. It's a bit of a filler until you get to read the next part! I do hope you've enjoyed this book so far!