The Battle Of Xandar: Part One

Each of us got ready for the oncoming battle. We gathered in one of the main conference rooms and put up holographic boards as we explained our plan to the crew. I had to admit it. We looked good wearing the same garbs. Peter is his usual red Ravager jacket and pants, while Gamora and I wore full body red Ravager suits. Drax wore just the pants, and Rocket wore a smaller suit, and Groot, well he was to big for anything we had.

    "The Stone reacts to anything Organic. The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge." I explained the significance of the stone.

    "All Ronan's gotta do is touch the stone to the planet's surface and zap." Peter explained coming up beside me. "All plants, animals, Nova Corps."

    "Everything will die." Gamora reiterated urgently.

    "So Ronan does not make the surface." I stated firmly.

    "Rocket will lead a team to blow a hole in the Dark Aster's starboard hull." Peter pointed at one of our boards, showing a diagram of the plan. "Then our craft and Yondu's will enter."

    "Won't there be hundreds of Sakaarian Soldiers inside?" Kraglin asked concerned.

    "I think of Sakaaran as paper people." Drax scoffed. Kraglin smiled at him and hit his arm in a playful way. But Drax only glared at him and Kraglin cowered away slightly.

    "Once they know we are onboard. Ronan will isolate himself behind impenetrable security doors on deck."

    "Which Gamora and I will disable by dismantling the power source." I stated with a nod towards my sister who nodded back.

    "We'll make it to the flight deck and I'll use the Hadron Enforcer to kill Ronan." Peter confirmed.

    "Once Ronan is dead, we will retrieve the stone. Use these devices to contain it." I explained as we passed around similar orbs Rocket had created for us. "If you touch it, it will kill you."

    "I will contact one of the Nova officers who arrested us. Hopefully, they'll believe we are there to help." Peter relayed.

    "There's one more thing we need to complete this plan." Rocket shouted as he came forward into the circle with us and we looked down at him. "That guy's eye!" He pointed at one of the crew member's with a metal mechanical eye.

    "What is with you and other people's mechanical body parts?" I snickered slightly, whispering at Rocket.

    "No! No, we don't. No, we don't need that guy's eye." Peter jumped in quickly.

    "No, seriously, I need it! It's important to me." Rocket said and we both giggled. I lightly nudged him with my leg and he leaned against it as he snickered more.

    "Don't encourage him." Peter hissed at me trying to keep his own smile at bay.

    "I'm sorry." I coughed and smiled at him.

    "Ronan's fleet has been spotted, and will arrive in T-minus, 15 minutes." The ship's navigational system told us.

Peter wrapped his hand in mine as we prepared to walk towards our ship. Only to feel a hand on both of our shoulders. We turned to see Yondu staring at the both of us.

    "Remember, kids. At the end of all this, I get the stone." Yondu stated firmly. "You cross me, we will kill you all." Peter and I gave him a slight nod with frowns on our faces and continued on our way.

    "Y/n!" A voice yelled and I turned just before entering the Milano. I turned to see Aren running towards me. I ran at him and we collided together hugging one another. "You be safe out there."