Asgard Is Not A Place. It's A People.

We watched from afar now as Hela emerged out from the waters and began trying to fight Surtur on her own. We made it into the our rim of Asgard, just barely in space as the explosion took place.

     "If the damage is not to bad." Korg said as we all looked out the large window. "As long as the foundations are still strong, we can rebuild this place. It will become a haven... for all peoples and aliens of the universe."

    Asgard exploded a second time, shattering the entire planet into nothing but Astro rock.

     "Now those foundations are gone. Sorry." Korg said.

    Thor and I grabbed hands watching our home fade away to nothing as we sailed further into the distance.

     "What have I done?" Thor asked quietly and I squeezed his hand.

     "It wasn't only you, brother." I said softly. 

     "You both saved us from extinction. Asgard is not a place, but a people." Heimdall said reassuringly.

     "We're missing one of our people." I mentioned sadly and I sighed. "Come on, let me fix up your eye."

    I led Thor into one of the rooms of the ship and with warm water I wiped away the dried blood from around the socket until it was cleaned and now empty since he was missing an eye after all. I dug through drawers until I found an eye patch and we fitted it to him. As I was done laying it on his face Thor sighed.

     "You look like Father now more than before." I said gently. "Come on, I can't drink but you can. It's hard right now, but we can figure this out. I promise we will. We're strong."

     "We destroyed our home, Y/n." Thor sighed as he poured himself a small glass and he looked at his eye in the mirror.

     "Without another choice. Father even said it himself. Ragnarok was not something we could stop from coming. We did the only thing we could to protect the universe. It's not only Asgard's people that we saved, but every universe from Hela's rage."

     "I know. I know." He sighed. "It just feels like we've lost so much."

     "We have." I agreed. "And it's okay to mourn over that loss. But time still moves on and so must we." I said patting his shoulder and leaning my head against him.

     "She's right." Loki said coming into view of the mirror. I gasped and looked behind me, afraid it was just an illusion. "It suits you." Loki mentioned gesturing to the eye patch.

     "Loki." I sighed happily.

     "You know, maybe you're not so bad after all, brother." Thor smiled slightly.

     "Maybe not." Loki agreed.

     "Thank you." Thor said. "If you were really here I might even give you a hug."

    He tossed something from off the table at him but Loki caught it in his hands. He let out a big smirk. Once Loki smiled at me and I ran back towards him colliding into his arms. I sighed happily as I snuggled into his arms.

     "I'm here." Loki said happily.

    Thor walked over towards us and we both opened our arms inviting him in to the hug. Which he joined happily. A real family moment and it felt wonderful. As we separated we began to make our way back out to the others. Walking long side each other and chatting.

     "So if it's a girl, she could be Loki, or if it's a boy, he could be Loki." Loki suggested arguing with me over baby names.

     "Loki, I'm not going to name the baby after you." I chuckled. "You're alive and here. I'm not doing that."