A Unthinkable Promise

Each of us settled in as the ship was placed on autopilot towards Knowhere. I walked back into my bedroom and into the bathroom. Taking off my clothing and taking a much needed warm shower. It soothed my aching bones and I looked down at my protruding belly. It was hard to tell myself, but even though I would only be around four months since I conceived the baby. Because of our escapade on Sakaar, I looked like I was more six months. I wasn't a big person so my belly was tiny anyway, but it still felt larger to me.

I shut the water off and climbed out, wrapping a towel around myself. I pulled on clean underwear and pants, drying my body a little more and clipping on my bra. I walked out of the bathroom with the towels, squeezing out my hair when I stopped in my tracks seeing Peter on our bed, eyeing me up and down.

    "What?" I asked.

    "You really are pregnant." Peter stated and I frowned.

    "Are you calling me fat?" I asked.

    "What no, of course not." Peter shook his head immediately. "No, I just see the bump on you and you're the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. I can't believe you're pregnant."

    "Are you... I mean, are you okay with that?" I asked and Peter got to his feet, walking towards me quickly.

    "Y/n, you've just made me the happiest man in the entire galaxy. Of course, I'm happy. I'm gonna be a Dad... Wow, I'm gonna be a Dad!" He laughed excitedly before he hugged me and twirled us around making me laugh too.

Peter placed me back on my feet and walked us over towards the bed. He sat me down and kneeled down on the floor himself with both of his hands on the sides of my belly. He leaned in and kissed my belly gently and leaned his head on me.

    "Hey there, little one." He smiled as he stroked my stomach. "I'm your Dad. You don't know me yet, but I'm gonna be the best Dad ever. I'll always be there for you. Never leave you wondering like mine did. It's a whole long story. But, man, you're gonna have the coolest parents in the entire Galaxy. I seriously can't wait to meet you. And you're Mom? Wow, she's just the best, most caring person you could ever meet. She'll love you like no other."

    "Peter." I said softly as I stroked his brown hair while he talked.

We both stopped and looked at each other with wide eyes.

    "Did they just?" Peter asked.

    "That's the first time." I laughed with excitement. "They moved. The baby must like the sound of your voice." I felt the sensation again, as did Peter with his hands on my belly.

    "They like your's too." Peter chuckled. He stood up and kissed my lips. "I love you so much, Y/n."

    "I love you even more, Peter."

~~~~~~~~~~

After I finished getting ready, I met Peter and the others upstairs in the ship's control room. Gamora had a certain look on her face and I approached her slowly.

    "Hey." I said softly.

    "Oh, hi." She said back. "So, you're having a baby?" She asked and I nodded.

    "Yeah, I am. Weird isn't it?"

    "Nah, not really." She chuckled slightly. "I always knew one day you'd become a mother and you'd be the very best one. You're caring, attentive, and level headed. You take control when you need too and you're the very best of us in this group we call family."

    "Aw, thanks, Aunty Gamora." I giggled and bumped her with my hip making her smirk.

    "I shall teach this child to be it's very best. It will have the best fighting skills in the galaxy. But they will also know that I will always be here for them." She smiled, but I watched it waver for a moment.