Chapter 8 - Spiders and Butterflies

____________________

I had to move out.

I found a small place, with one bedroom. It was closer to Juuzou's apartment he shared with his team. As much as I thought he would be much more prosperous, Hanbee told me he supports Shinohara's health care, so he doesn't spend his money as freely as he can.

Surprisingly, the CCG stops paying for medical support after two years of coma.

It was twilight. I put on a coat and head outside. I walked down the trail, and the dusk air was chilly and fresh. The streets were quiet, and the first light of the day was starting to show between the clouds.

I'm lonely.

I dug my hands into my coat. My scarf is hiding my scar. Gentle vapors come out of my breath.

It's my fault.

It feels... like everything around me turns darker. The soft sunlight looks extremely distant. Spider webs are covering the walls. Butterflies...

Major.

"Y/n san?"

I stop.

"Good morning, Hanbee" I push down my scarf, showing my lips.

"Good morning" He bows softly, "Why are you wandering the streets this early?"

"I can't sleep at night."

He frowns.

"In that case, care to join me for coffee?"

"Certainly"

As we sat down, I noticed the freshly baked bread he was holding.

"Are you waking up so early every day?" I ask the man.

"Yes. You see, I'm in charge of the household chores. Suzuya senpai loves this bread in his breakfast, and it tastes the best only at this hour."

A waitress came and put two cups of coffee in front of us.

"Is he demanding it from you, or are you willingly doing this?"

"I am willing to do anything to cover Suzuya senpai's small back."

I chuckle.

A memory of Willow putting a cup of coffee on my desk came to mind. I play with my spoon in the cup until that memory goes away.

"Do you have any plans for today?" Hanbee asks me, breaking the silence I created.

"I wanted to cut my hair," I say, grabbing a lock and playing with it between my fingers, "It's too long."

"I would be delighted to help you if you want to. I have been cutting Senpai's hair for years now." Hanbee proudly remarked.

Well... what do I have to lose.

I take a final sip from the bitter liquid before we leave.

"Make yourself home," Hanbee says when we walk into their apartment. He takes off my coat and reaches for my scarf, but I stop him.

"I'll leave it on for now.".

He puts his hand to his chest and nods.

"I'll make some tea."

This apartment had huge windows and two floors. Everything looked so modern and expensive.

"How long have you been living here?" I ask.

"Well, about a year and a half. Suzuya senpai wanted all of us to live together. He said it be more fun and productive. Mostly because he has someone to make him food and wash his clothes" Hanbee rubbed the back of his head, "That's understandable."