Chapter 33 - Reins

You wake up to the feeling of something pocking you.

"Hmm" You groan, trying to move to the side, but something stops you. You slowly open your eyes to see Juuzou sitting on your belly with a needle and a thread.

"Good morning my beautiful wife~" He giggles, pecking your nose.

"W-what are you doing?" You grumble when the burning pain itches you.

"I need to fix you up~" He grins, going back into stitching your wounds from last night. Fighting was useless, so you gave in, closing your eyes and yawning.

"Can't you wait until I wake up?" You ask when he continues to poke you with the needle in different places.

"We don't have time. We need to get going soon." - "To where?"

Juuzou giggles without answering, treating your wounds with care. After getting ready, you shoved the bell Juuzou gave you into your pocket, wanting it to stay close.

Juuzou promised to sew it into something so you never lose it.

You walked into the meeting room, where Akira was waiting for you.

"Suzuya, Y/n" She greets with a smile.

"Good morning" You say back, "Is there going to be a meeting soon?" You ask.

"Yes, Indeed. But first..." She takes out some papers, handing them to Juuzou.

"That's what you asked for, right?" She asks Juuzou.

"Yes Mado san, thank you~" his eyes sparkle with delight.

"What is that?" You question the two, who keep smiling at you.

"You are getting married, aren't you?" Akira asks.

A sudden wave of heat washes over your face, and your cheeks burn. You can feel the warmth spreading down your neck and radiating throughout your body, as if every inch of your skin is on fire.

"Y-Yes" You shutter, looking at Juuzou in surprise.

Your breath catches in your throat as you realize what is happening, and your hand flies to your mouth in shock.

He looks back at you, smiling with his whole face, enthusiastic.

"When did you...?" You ask him.

"He didn't stop talking about it the whole fight," Akira let out a chuckle.

Being exposed and vulnerable makes you cover your face with your hands. So everyone knows.

"I'll leave you two to be," Akira says, exiting the room. You hardly believe what is happening, and yet you know in your heart that this is the moment you has been waiting for.

"So, Y/n san~" He smiles, "Are you ready to become mine permanently?"

Your heart swells with joy and love as you nod your head.

"In life and death."

***

The streets of Tokyo became haunting and desolate places. The once-bustling thoroughfares were now silent and empty, with rubble and debris littering the ground and buildings reduced to little more than hollow shells.

The once vibrant colors of the buildings had faded into a dreary gray, and the once-beautiful architecture was now a twisted and broken mess.

As one walked down the street, they would see the remnants of people's lives strewn about - a child's toy, a photo album, a piece of furniture - all destroyed and abandoned.

You walk down with your group, looking around. Each step felt heavy and uncertain as if the ground itself was unstable and unpredictable. The air was thick with a sense of loss and sadness, and the silence was deafening.

"This is crazy..." You whisper under your breath. Each person seemed to be lost in their own thoughts, weighed down by the burden of what they or had seen and experienced.

"What are they protecting us from...?" Akira murmured, her head is low.

"They are trying to throw this world into chaos in order to rebuild it," Kaneki speaks, his tone heavy.

"It's not about humanity..." You say, looking up at the grey sky.

It felt like it would rain tonight.

Before the night wore on, you and Juuzou were sitting together and watching the grey clouds looming over the broken city.

"I want to go and talk to Akuji." You announce.

Juuzou looks at you with his big and ruby eyes.

"Hm..?" He tilts his head, "What for?"

"I think... she might listen to me."

Juuzou's legs dangled over the edge as he looked out over the city.

His expression was relaxed but alert as if he were always ready for whatever might come his way.

"She's Amoon, isn't she?"

You look at him with surprise.

"H-How did you...?" - "I investigated that case from Germany very closely. There was a lot of information missing, and connecting the end... I figured it out."

You crinkled your nose.

"Why didn't you say something?" - "Because it doesn't matter. She gave up on humanity because they broke her. The CCG didn't help her; they swept it under the rug. She thought that I understood her because I was raised the same."

Juuzou cracked a smile.