Chapter 11 - Underground

'There is a black market for organs in the underground. The restaurant is just a small piece of this massive organization. Most of its members are from the higher class society, so we are talking about the richer ghouls as consumers. Our focus will be mainly on stopping this black market and human trafficking and targeting the ghouls behind this.'

It was a pretty warm day, so I opened the enormous windows of the office.

My legs are crossed, and I play with my pen between my lips.

Underground... I wonder if humans are involved in this too. When it comes to money, it doesn't matter if you are a ghoul or a human.

"Good morning!" Juuzou walks in with Hanbee. He grins wildly and takes his hands out of his pockets.

"Good morning, Suzuya senpai!" Nakari, Tamaki and Mikage answer.

"Good morning." I replay shortly after.

Juuzou walks up to me first.

"Are you feeling better?" I ask, moving my gaze to meet his ruby eyes.

"Better than ever!" Juuzou exclaimed happily.

"That's good... " I murmured, playing with the pen.

"Akira informed me about the summation they published. It's very classified so make sure to keep your sheets close to you, okay~?" His voice was filled with playfulness.

I nod and move my gaze back to the papers.

"Do you think humans are involved with this too, Juzo?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" He questions while Hanbee is taking his coat down. I glance as Juuzou folds his sleeves, studying his stitches.

"The black market involves crates of money. I wonder if humans can "sell" other humans, and maybe it can be our ticket inside this system." I suggest. Juuzou hums for a moment before lowering himself next to me.

"Even if so... we can take cases which involve only ghouls.

It's the police's job to interfere with the human world."

I wasn't really satisfied with that answer.

"I still don't see why we can't assume that. Eventually, we get the same outcome and work for the same purpose..."

Juuzou chuckled before stealing the pen that was between my lips.

Surprised, I lightly wide my eyes at this act.

"And what is this common goal you are talking about?" He asked, walking to look through the window.

"Justice?" I questioned.

"Hmm" The wind slightly moves his raven hair. He accepts the warm breeze from outside.

"Justice is a weapon. It can cause harm but cannot protect or save others."

I look at him with confused eyes.

He noticed it and giggled.

"Let's stick to working with ghouls, alright?" He puts the pen behind his ear and claps his hands.

"So our next mission is to unravel their next occasion. Keep in mind it can be anything!" He smiles to himself. I frown.

***

After some time, I was sitting outside eating lunch. The air was nice, and the sun was warm and soothing.

While shoving some vegetables into my mouth with my chopsticks, I catch Haise waving at me.