Chapter six

Sootburr looked up to the sky, it was bare and hot. Sootburr stood alone in a warm field, minding his own business. He thought about things he could do with Dawnpaw in training, many things popped into his head, but one stuck out the most. Teaching Dawnpaw the basic herbs would most likely help him if he or someone else got hurt without Mousetail. He stood up, stretching his body. Though sootburr was a warrior, many apprentices had been taught this incase of this happening. He padddd his way hack to camp slowly, admiring the territory:

He arrived at the camps entrance, looking for Dawnpaw. Bumblepaw and Dawnpaw were talking to eachother, sharing a mouse. Sootburr padded towards the two. "dawnpaw, its time for training, i have something special planned for you today." Sootburr smiled, signaling for Dawnpaw to following him as he padded back out of camp. "bye Bumblepaw!" Dawnpaw said, following Sootburr. As the two walked out of camp Dawnpaw asked, "what are we doing, Sootburr?" Sootburr looked down at him. "Im gonna teach you how to use and find herbs, but with a twist in which you will see soon." Sootburr replied.

"okay, so herbs are the thing Mousetail used to heal me?" He asked, sootburr simply nodded. "but arent i training to be a warrior?" Sootburr nodded again. "almost everyone learns the basics, it could save you or someone elses life. Or if you ever decide to be a medicine cat you'll already know some stuff." Sootburr continued. "hm" Dawnpaw mouthed, looking forwards. Sootburr padded dangerously close to Sunclans territory, but he continued forwards. Dawnpaw kept following him, the two weaving through the trees. Eventually the two reached  a water fall, behind it there was many holes that seemed to be entrances. 

"we are gonna need to be quiet, i need to see if the medicine cat is in there." Sootburr breathed, his movements almost silent. Dawnpaw crouched down, trying to be as quiet as he possibly could. Sootburr peared through one of the holes, he slowly crept in. Dawnpaw heard quiet rustling before Sootburr lept out with herbs held in a bag made of roots. "cmon, we have to go." sootburr shuffled forwards, still not making a sound. Dawnpaw followed him, but couldnt keep his eyes off the hidden camp. For a moment as he looked back, eyes looked back at him. 

Dawnpaw scurried forwards, his breath unsteady. The two raced out of the territory, Sootburrs herbs stuck in his jaws firmly. Sootburr was to busy focusing on getting back in their territory for him to notice Dawnpaws fear. Sun dribbled their pelts as they escape the forest of Sunclans territory. Slowly the two made it to the sunny moors and Moonclans territory. "alright, we successfully got some herbs, in style." Sootburr declared, "now, give these to Mousetail. Tomorrow we'll try again." sootburr continued. Dawnpaw nodded, he had to admit it was fun until he saw the same peircing eyes tha gave him his newly found ear scar.

Dawnpaw padded back to camp, herbs in his jaw. He sprinted into the medicine den, mousetail was helping Bumblepaw take off his brace. "oh, hi Dawnpaw!" She said, her voice was as bubbly as her personality. "what do you need?" she asked. "i brought you some herbs." Dawnpaw replied, walked towards the medicine cabinet. "oh, thank you Dawnpaw i appreciate it!" She purred, focusing on Bumblepaws brace. "did sootburr have you do this in training?" she finally looked up at him. "mhm, he said it would help me heal someone if i couldnt find you." Dawnpaw told her.

"mhm. well you two can go play now, Bumblepaw is all healed up." she smiled, nudging Bumblepaw off his moss bedding. Bumblepaw thanked her and padded up to Dawnpaw. "Tom- Dawnpaw i meant!" Bumblepaw giggled happily, practically bouncing over to him. "Hi Bumblepaw!" Dawnpaw chirped, a smile on his face. Mousetail watched the two sprint out of the medicine den, smiles on their faces. 

Sootburr later appeared in the medicine den, it was golden hour. not yet night but it wasnt exactly day. "hey Mousetail." he sat down on the warm stone ground. "hey Sootburr, whats up?" she asked, looking at him. "i wanted to ask you something, but uh.. Its weirdly out of place right now as nothing strange has happened." mousetail tilted her head, waiting for him to continue. "have you gotten any strange dreams or prophecy's? Or even an omen?" He asked, looking around the den rying to reduce the amount eye contact. "hm, well i have to admit a few nights ago when i was visiting the gazing cave, i got a strange prophecy about a new dawn coming to revive the clans." she said, Sootburr squinted trying to figure out what it meant. 

"Admittedly, i didnt tell anyone. Last moon i got an omen about about a golden short-haired cat and a brown cat, before Dawnpaw came to the clan no-one knew what it meant, i had to ask for help so many times, they only knew a few brown long-haired tabbys and one of them was Bumblepaw. I just didnt want to push that job of figuring out prophecys on other cats, i want to do this myself. I fear the clans might fall, as the prophecy said there would be war and bloodshed and how it used the term revive is just pushing me to believe it, sootburr!" Mousetail cried, her voice filled with concern.

"Maybe Dawnpaw and Bumblepaw will save our clan."