Chapter nineteen

As the sun began to set, warriors, the medicine cats and apprentices gathered around Haze log, waiting for Sootstar to speak. "Tonight i say this before starclan so our warrior ancestors can hear my words. As of now, two apprentices by the name of Foxpaw and Bumblepaw have not received mentors. So tonight, i have chosen two cats to mentor them." Sootstar spoke, looking down at the two apprentices. "Foxpaw, from now on you will be mentored by roseseeker." foxpaw turned around to see her smile at him. "Bumblepaw, From this day forwards you will be mentored by Snowydawn." Bumblepaw grinned ear to ear as he turned around to see her.

"Clan dismissed." Sootstar jumped off the tree stump and onto the ground of the clearing below. Bumblepaw ran over to his now mentor. The young tom pressed his muzzle to the others, smiling warmly. "When are we going to start training?" Bumblepaw beamed happily. "How about we start now, get it over with? Then you can go play with your friends, im sure they'll be finished by the time you are." Snowydawn spoke. Bumblepaw nodded, bouncing up and down. "Okay!"  The two cats left camp, Bumblepaw skipping behind her. 

"So, what have you already learned, Bumblepaw? Im sure you have learned Moonclans territory, so you must already know Astroidclans territory. I have heard about all your adventures, you must know your clans territory like the back of your paw!" Snowydawn chirped. "Mhm!" The two cats didnt spend long dicussing what they were learning, but something was off about what she was teaching him. Snowydawn was teaching Bumblepaw a fighting technique that could end as a death blow, in the context she was teaching him in, A belly rake.

 "So because im so small, if someone were to try to jump on or behind me a could rake their belly with my claws?" Bumblepaw sat up slightly, his eyes widened. "I suppose so. who knows, you have the passibility of growing in size." she said, gesturing for him to sit back down. "But if you are pinned, you use your back legs. Which cant kill the cat you're fighting, but its considered a fight stopper." Snowydawn said, motioning with her paws how to do it. "Thats pretty cool! Are we going to practice that today?" Bumblepaw stood up, ears perked up. "Mhm, just make sure you dont have your claws unsheathed, Bumblepaw."

 Snowydawn stood up, getting into a crouching position. Without warning, the she-cat leaped into the air towards him. Bumblepaw lunged forwards, but ended up bumping her to the ground with his head. She coughed for a few second before getting back up. "Thats one way to do it, but lets try to leap paw first instead." Snowydawn got back down into a crouching position, Bumblepaw followed her actions. She leaped up into the air, Bumblepaw jumped up into the air, raking her stomach with his tiny paws. She tumbled to the ground, onto the grass. "Good job, Bumblepaw!"

"Would you like to go catch some prey? Im sure it will be nice for me to see how you do it." She asked, getting up and stretching her joints. "mhm!" Bumblepaw nodded quickly, following her into the tall grass. "So, are there any other prey then field mice and field hares?" Snowydawn asked, padding deepee into the fields. "I guess, theres song thrushes. Sootstar said they live here because its always damp out." Bumblepaw said, looking forwards. The scent of a rabbit caught the she-cats attention. "I smell a rabbit near by, show me how you hunt." She whispered to the young cat, crouching down. 

Bumblepaw dropped down into a hunting crouch, smelling the air. She was right, there was a very close scent of a field rabbit. He crept forwards, looking forwards he saw a brown rabbit. He sprang forwards, landing ontop of the hare, killing it with a swift bite to the neck. He stood back up and looked back to his mentor, she held his gaze. "Good job!" She padded back from their original direction, Bumblepaw followed her quickly, scared to fall behind. 

The night stars lit the sky, brightly shining in the waves of the great lake. The tides crashing against the sandy shores, he wondered what the rest of sunclan was doing. His thoughts paused for just a few moments, i wonder what the black and white apprentice he had met two moons Ago was doing. He wanted to think about that cat he met more, even just a day to talk to them without a battle between the clans. Maybe because Hiddenstar and Dawnpaw had made that agreement for peace, they could talk again. He stared in awe at the beautiful waters of the lake. "Ill be at camp in a few minutes!" Bumblepaw yowled.

He padded down to the slope that led to the river, his paws making small prints in the sand. He slowly dipped his paws in the water, it was cold, but the Leaf-fall weather hadnt come yet. The wind calmly swayed his fur, he let his emotions drift away as the moonlight shined upon his blue eyes. The young caramel furred tom looked back down into the water, another cat looked back at him. The dull blue eyes and a pale stat sat on his forehead, the fury of a snake shined in the toms eyes. In the blink of an eye, only Bumblepaws reflection looked back at him through the water.

He slowly stepped out of the water, climbing back up the slope. With one look back, he was gone into the shadowy fields.