Someone understands

You stood close to your brother the nerves of knowing you will get judged for your quirk setting in. Your brother glances at you sensing how your feeling and lightly nudges you.

"Don't worry about them damn extras" he grumbles trying to help you in his own way.

You smile nervously and nod a little as you watch your teacher explain what was going to happen. He then said about a ball throwing test and turns to your brother.

"Bakugou what was your record in junior high?" He asks.

"67 meters" he replies.

"Well try now with your quirk" he says passing the ball to your brother.

You watch as he goes into the ring and gets himself in a stance then throws the ball as he activated his quirk.

"DIE!" he shouts making you facepalm.

"705.2" Aizawa says showing the screen on the device then explains how the quirk help with your skills. Then he looks at you "Bakugou, your turn."

You gulp and go into the ring you try to calm your breathing. You glance to see Izuku give you a thumbs up with a smile and a small nod from Katsuki. You throw the ball high in the air, grab a dagger and cut the palm of your hand quickly and form a solid bat. As the ball falls you hit it with you bat and watch it soar in the air.

"484.1" Aizawa says while the blood goes back to liquid and into the wound.

You pull out a bandage and wrap your hand up ignoring the whispers and looks from the class. As as the test went on you found out that Izuku has a quirk but after seeing the aftermath you understood why he never used it but was a bit sad he never mentioned it to you but being self conscious how you were you understood why he never said anything.
You were now currently walking to lunch on your own as you felt too awkward to be walking with any classmates including your brother and Izuku. You enter the lunch room and grab some lunch then walk to the corner where there was an empty table and stared at your lunch poking at it trying to get the courage to start eating but your mind was distracted. After the test you felt like everyone was judging you for your quirk and was going to be too afraid to be around you so you decided to distance yourself to save the pain of rejection. You sigh as you force yourself to take a bite of tofu and chew on it slowly. You then got distracted by a tray hit the table and you look up to see the boy with dual coloured hair and a scar on his face.

"Hello, I hope you don't mind me sitting here with you?" He asks.

You shake your head signalling that it was fine for him to sit here and then proceeds to look down at your food poking at it again.

"You should really eat up or your going to struggle with keeping your quirk in best condition aswell as your body" he spoke.

You hum in acknowledgement but proceed to stare at it. After a few minutes he speaks up again.

"I'm Shoto Todoroki by the way. Your Bakugou's sister correct?" He asks.

"Yeah..." You say quietly "my name is Y/N Bakugou"

"It's nice to meet you. You have an interesting quirk" he says.

"It's a curse" you say glancing up at him to see his eyes focused on you.

"Hmm..I feel like that with my fire side" he says with a monotone voice "that's why I don't use it"

You look at him properly and a tiny smile forms on your face.

"Nice to know someone relates to how I feel" you says as you force yourself to take another bite of food.

"You seem calmer than your brother" Todoroki points out.

"The joys of adoption" you say with a light chuckle causing the boy to raise an eyebrow "I will explain more later"

He nods and you both eat the rest of your lunch quietly.

I think we might get along you thought to yourself.