𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖐𝖎𝖘𝖘

Something in you 
Lit up heaven in me 
The feeling won't let me sleep 
'Cause I'm lost in the way you move, the way you feel 

One kiss is all it takes 
Fallin' in love with me 
Possibilities 
I look like all you need 

One kiss is all it takes 
Fallin' in love with me 
Possibilities 
I look like all you need 

One Kiss ~ 
Dua Lipa and Calvin Harris

Tonight would be the toughest night of my career I can tell you that now. This wouldn't just be a match against Germany in the 2022 EUROs Final, it would be a match to make history. And it could be a match for me to make my own legacy. 

And it was a day that would make up in history, we had to prove we could be as good as the men's team in England, as we could do the one thins the Lion's couldn't do. And that would be, to win a major tournament. Now the Euro's and hopefully next summer the World Cup. 

But today I have to forget about all of that, I have to prove to Sarina, to everyone that us Lionesses, we can win and we will win! Even if it scared the living hell out of me to face the German team cos that would be a hard ass game.

I was starting and I had to make sure that I proved myself especially for my 90 something appearance as a Lioness. 

So I stood there and for once in this final I was ready to play. 

~~

It honestly felt like I had been in this match a lifetime even if it had only been an hour and a half, and more of playing time. I was still on as the clock reached the 116th minute, as I was a link up player specifically for the midfield and backline to us forwards. 

 And I finally got a break of players in this minute, after I stole the ball from the German players who were trying to get the ball into the midfield, knowing we were getting hopefully closer to the fourth goal of this final, but being this far from the goal, it would be a risk, and this was a risk I had to take. 

So when I had the space  away from the players which were practically trying to get on top of me, I booted the ball. 

And I watched as it flew through the air and I watched the ball before it fell into the back side of the net. 

I smirked and I ran sliding on my knees past the German players who were tested by me so fucking much in this game. 

And I got up with the girls all screaming, and I held up a zero with my hands. 

"And there's Juliette Wright! IN THE ENTIRE ENGLISH FOOTBALL HISTORY SHE IS THE MOST PROLIFIC GOALSCORER IN HISTORY!" The commentary spoke as I continued my celebration. 

And I ran up to Sarina jumping onto her, she definitely didn't appreciate it but I loved that woman so much. 

And I ran to the corner I knew my dad and the rest of the commentators for after the game were held, and I shouted up which wouldn't have been heard. "Dad! I did it! Thank you!" I was having tears stream down my face in this moment as I screamed up to him. 

And unknown to me until after the game Gabby Logan had a video of my dad shouting this. "I'm so proud of you love! You've been making your old man proud since day one! I love you!" 

~~

Keeping my promise for this song was tricky as I had no clue when the fuck it would get played after our win. 

I just had to pray that it would happen before we got our medals cos then I would not be leaving the pitch, but luckily as I was screaming with Chloe and Alex, I heard my song come on.