Chapter 12.1- The Executioner

Jace's pov

I step out on the back deck, as Azariah, Micah, and Matias join me. The moment had come when we needed to decide when to take care of Zane.

Henley and Rhea did in fact come for pizza, but left shortly after we were done eating. Surprisingly, my family joined us as well, leaving not soon after Micah's family did. The ones who were still here, we're currently inside listening to Kian and Uriel tell them stories.

So those of us who had to make this decision, stepped outside to do so.

"What's everyone thinking?" Matias asks us.

"My vote is for tonight," Micah announces. "We need to have the element of surprise, and the second Clayton tells the others that we're going to help them, someone may unknowingly let it slip to the wrong person."

I expected Azariah to have a problem with me doing this at all, but so far she seems on board with letting me kill the fucker. If she was going to protest, nows the time she will do it.

"We should take a team of skilled fighters in with us. If they call for backup, an all-out brawl could ensue." She adds her two cents in.

"I can't imagine anyone being willing to risk their lives for that asshole, but I'm sure there's bound to be some. Good idea Azari," Matias says.

"Do we go in assuming he's at his house?" I ask them. "Cause if we're wrong, and we need to go hunting for him, it's gonna draw a lot of attention."

"We go there first, and if he's not there, I guess we cause a scene," Micah chuckles, "We'll start going door to door, and telling his pack members what he's done, and ask where it is we can find him. We don't give up till he's located."

"If he's not there, we need to call Clayton and ask him to gather the other parents and families of the ones missing. If we're gonna go terrorizing the neighborhood, we need to have supporters from his pack to verify what it is we're saying" Azariah says.

"Is there any way I can talk you out of coming?" I ask her.

"You know something, the only one here who has the right to kill this prick is me. Yet I've conceded to let you do it. And now you're asking me to stay out of it." She snarls at me, "Did he attack you? No, he didn't. Did he come and try to kidnap you? Again, no he fucking didn't. Was it your mother he injected and caused to lose her wolf?"

Matias grabs her shoulders, "We get it kiddo, we're all upset. Jace here just doesn't want you anywhere near him considering his obsession with you."

I look to Micah for some help with this. "Don't look to me, buddy. Unfortunately, she's right. If any of us has earned the right to kill him, it's her."

The patio door opens, and Amber steps outside with us. "So, everyone can hear Zaweeyah yelling her face off. Care to explain why you're poking the bear here?"

"Ya Jace, go ahead and tell Amber how you're trying to form a He-man woman haters club, and elected yourself as the president," My pissed off mate yells at me.

Matias and Micah laugh at her comment, which does not help me here in the slightest.

"That sick fucker has set his sights on you Azariah. Excuse me for not wanting you anywhere near him." I growl at her.