Chapter 46- To Love A Monster

Malcombs pov

Finally! The breakthrough I've been waiting for.

"I want him brought in alive." I say into the receiver of the decades old phone.

"And the female?"

"Kill her." With my orders delivered, I hang up. Thanks to Kane, we now have Jace and his bitch in our sights. This time however, I make sure to prepare them. Underestimating Jace again was not going to happen.

"Do you really think bringing him in is a good idea?" Torin asks from across the table. He was sitting silently during my phone calls, but his eyes were definitely judging me.

"As a matter of fact, I do." The grin on my face takes him by surprise, and he shudders at the sight of it. "I plan to execute him very publicly. I'll stream it for his entire pack to enjoy, as well as all the other packs."

"We should have taken control of at least one, maybe two of the other packs before going after Moonwalker. You just ordered their princess to be slaughtered in the woods and left for them to find." He repeats the orders I gave, but not in the optimistic way that I originally delivered them.

Torin is a smart male, but lately I've been wondering how smart. Doesn't he see that the key to winning is taking away a pack's hope for survival? When someone is angered, they don't think rationally, and end up making stupid decisions. I have no doubt that by nightfall, Moonwalker will send dozens of their finest fighters to come up here and attack us.

Leaving their pack vulnerable in the process.

Once upon a time, Torin supported my vision. But since that first attack, when Moonwalker pack didn't suffer as greatly as we hoped, he seems to be hesitant to agree with me. It's only gotten worse throughout the week. It doesn't help that Jace, that miserable prick, has taken out a chunk of our males. Males we needed in order to claim victory.

It shouldn't be this difficult! I had created the perfect serum to leave them all running scared. And once you instill fear into someone, they'll do whatever it takes to stay alive. Like joining in my vision. Of course, that's not what's happened at all. I've been forced to up my game, to the point of just taking the majority of them out, instead of trying to bend them to my will.

"If we can take control of the biggest pack, then the others will fall in line." I snarl at him.

"What if they fail?"

"Two against sixty? How in the fuck can they fail?" I scream across the table at him. Last time, I made a mistake only sending ten males in to obtain Jace. After the report we got about him being able to fight in some kind of blended form, I wasn't taking any chances. Surely, he can't fight that many off. Even with his little bitch by his side.

"Blair only has eighty three people down there with him. If somehow Jace pulls this off, the remaining ones will be sitting ducks." He points out.

"Well, thanks to your boyfriend, they'll never see it coming. This is the break we need Torin." I lower my voice back to a regular volume, trying to keep my annoyance to a minimum. "Maybe instead of arguing with me, you should go thank Kane properly for finding the crack we so desperately needed."

Torin stands up, and attempts to offer a supportive smile. It falls massively short of being reassuring, but I just keep my mouth shut. He wasn't as strong as I was. Seeing the bigger picture takes a certain kind of male. Someone who has Alpha born blood, like myself. Torin was born to a regular wolf family, not one of high standing. He should count himself lucky that I allowed him to join me in the first place. If it wasn't for the fact that he was highly intelligent, I'd never have crossed paths with him.