Chapter 27- Outplayed And Outsmarted

Ryan's pov

"Fifty-eight, fifty-nine, sixty! Ready or not, here I come," I bellow out.

Pulling off the blindfold, I scan the room I'm in, looking for anything out of the ordinary. Grandma Peryl was sitting on the couch, knitting away like she was when I started the countdown.

It's comical watching her do something human grandmothers typically do. She decided this afternoon that she wanted to make Jace and Azariahs three pups a blanket for their beds. The ones she was making for the twins would be sharks. The best part was that it was a circular blanket, where they put their bodies into the mouth of the shark.

Wish I was little again because it sounds awesome! I'm tempted to ask her to make me one as well, but embarrassment has kept my mouth shut.

Alright, it's time to go find Kian, Uriel, and Noah. At least I don't have to be embarrassed to play this game of hide and seek. Damn, it was fun to go back to a simpler time. We ate cookies, watched cartoons, and now this.

These pups were a riot to play with.

Peryl barely spares me a glance as I quickly look around the room, then exit to go on my hunt. I enter the dining room, and next the kitchen, with the same results. Nothing. Matias' office was off-limits, so I look in the bathroom, then the hallway by the front door.

The coat closet turns up empty as well. At least now I know they must all be hiding upstairs. I stop outside of Matias and Amora's room, debating if the twins would be bold enough to sneak in there, trying to fool me. The door handle doesn't budge an inch, telling me the room was locked.

Next, I tried the room Grandma Peryl was staying in. Still coming up empty-handed, I head to mine and Noah's room. First, I check the closet, then under the bed. Hell, I even pull off all the 'decorative' pillows that Noah says makes our room look sofisticated. Personally, I find them a pain in the ass. Before bed, we have to take them all off and set them aside. Then, in the morning, when we get up, back on, they all go.

Pain. In. The. Ass!!

Let's face it, who even sees our bed anyway? But if having all these pillows makes Noah happy, then who am I to argue. I leave all the pillows scattered on the bed, just to irritate my handsome male, knowing full well a lecture is in my future.

"Seriously?" I grumble when I find Noah hiding behind the shower curtain in our en suite. "This is the best you could come up with?"

"I'm not exactly a shrimp, Ryan. Where do you think I can hide?" He grins seductively at me as he climbs out. "Have you found those little holy terrors yet?"

"Not yet. Come help me look," I wrap my arms around his shoulders and waggle my eyebrows at him.

"Or..." He leans forward, and for a moment, I think he's going to kiss me. His eyes widen as he looks over my shoulder into our bedroom.

Oops. That lecture was closer than I anticipated.

"What the hell, Ryan?" He pushes past me and starts fixing the bed with exaggerated annoyance. Each pillow he puts back into place, he fluffs up first, hitting them harder than necessary.

For the next ten minutes, Noah and I search the house, trying to find Kian and Uriel. In each room we enter, there's zero signs of them. We search Jess's room faster than any other, just in case she comes home. Azariah texted her about an hour ago, and she took off faster than lightening. When we end up back downstairs in the living room, panic finally sets in.