Chapter 56- Unlikely Friends

Jace’s pov

“Do you ever fucking listen?” Kratos snarls, waking me up. 

As I peel my eyes open, I try to remember why it is that I’m asleep in the first place. Ah, right, someone finally found a couple brain cells, and tranquilized me. Since Mr Grumpy pants is yelling at me, I’m gonna go ahead and guess that they hauled me back to the boot camp.

“Answer me for fuck sakes.” He hauls off and kicks my leg just under my ass. 

“Yes, of course I listen. I’m mated, remember.” I sarcastically answer him.

“No, you don’t asshole. I said to sit this one out. And what did you do?”

“I led my team, like I’m supposed to. You might not mind looking like a coward, but I sure as hell do.” I roll away before he can kick me again, then spring up fast and get into a fighting stance.

“Why would you open fire on them when you couldn’t see shit. You think you're dirty Harry or something?” No sooner does he say this, and Balor starts to laugh. He’s standing behind Kratos, but off to the side enough that I can see him grinning from ear to ear.

“What do you think Balor, did I look bad ass or what?” 

“Indeed.” He waggles his eyebrows at me. 

“So, in case you're wondering, you're at the boot camp getting the bullets removed. Micah and Finn got taken as well, so I suppose Malcomb is a cunts hair away from achieving his goal.” Kratos ignores us, and goes back to scolding me.

“He’s already made his fatal mistake.” I walk away from him and go sit on the nearest boulder.

“Oh please, do tell how you’ve come to this conclusion.” He stomps back over to me, and stands far to close for my liking. When he first brought me here, all I could think about was how to never enter this putrid place again. Now, I’ve almost come to enjoy antagonizing my mate’s biological father.

“If he wanted me dead, then why are they removing the bullets?” I answer his question with a question.

He stares at me, not bothering to keep the hostility off his face. Would there ever be a day that he didn’t get pissed off by just the sound of my voice? I’d probably shit myself if the day ever comes. 

“So what? Do you think he’s just gonna let you wander around the camp? Your imprisoned idiot. And he has your best friend to use as leverage against you in case you’ve forgotten.”

“Against me? The way I see it, I have our pack's best fighter with me. Getting out should be easy peasy.” I spread my arms wide, in a gesture that begs him to disagree.

“You’re Moonwalker pack’s best fighter. Idiot.” He shakes his head, then begins to pace back and forth. “And now I have to try and figure out how to keep you alive, or else my daughter is going to throw a tantrum.”

“We’ve really come a long way, old man. I remember on our first meeting you saying she could do better.”

Balor comes over and sits on the boulder beside me. “He loves you, he just doesn’t know how to say it.” We both burst out laughing when Kratos glares our way with a silent message for us both to shut the hell up.

“Listen, once I cut the head off the snake, the rest will fall. Malcomb is arrogant enough that he’ll get within striking distance. This is a good thing, you’ll see.” I tell him.

Kratos gets two steps back towards me when an extremely dangerous looking male appears out of thin air. The air instantly feels like it has an electric current to it, stinging my skin. His hair was very similar to Micah’s. Jet black, long, shaved on the sides, but he chose to leave it hanging down. His eyes were almost a neon blue with the way they glowed. He was as tall as Kratos, but not quite as built. He wore black leather pants, and a black silk button up shirt that was partially undone. What stood out the most for me though, was the amulet that hung around his neck on a black leather string. It was silver, and appeared to be some sort of bird's claw that held a red stone.