Chapter 33- Just A Dream

Micah's pov

"Amber?" I gently shake her, but she still doesn't respond. "Hey," I try again, but she just pulls her knees up to her chest and rocks herself back and forth.

The posion running through her system must be making her delirious, right? Cause when she referred to the 'pups', she must have been talking about Jace and Azariah's. Trying to get her to confirm this for me was proving to be difficult. Since she vomited all over my feet, she hasn't said a single word.

I've always known she was going to be the death of me, I just didn't think it would happen this fast. I figured it would be a slow drawn out process, like the way nature intended. But at the rate she was going, I'd be a goner by midnight. Hell, I didn't have to worry about Malcomb killing me. She was aiming to beat him to it.

Closing my eyes, I rest my head against the back of the seat. Was it too much to ask for a nice, normal, boring life? I suppose if I wanted that, I'd have to become a hermit and live far into the woods, where nobody could find me. I wouldn't have to worry about things like shaving or bathing. I could sit around in lounge pants all day, scratching myself, and there would be nobody to judge me. Not my smell, my appearance, or my way of life.

The only problem with that was that now I know what it felt like to love somebody more than anything else in this world. I pulled her damp hair back that was stuck to the side of her face. Hell, I loved this female more than I ever thought it was possible to love another person.

The thought that she might have actually been referring to her being pregnant makes my chest feel like it's been put in a vice. If the damn thing squeezes any tighter, it would shatter me. Why would she hold her stomach and say that they might not make it. None of this makes sense, and my brain has given up trying to. I'm just gonna go with my original thought and assume she was delirious.

"Alpha Micah, we're here." The driver tells me. Before I can focus on our surroundings, the door beside me opens, and someone reaches in and pulls Amber off my lap. The sound of her retching again as they run through the medical facilities doors gets my ass in gear.

The sprint from the truck into the building shouldn't have left me winded, but I find myself fighting for air as I race down the hall after them. Amber is taken right into an examination room and placed on the bed while the Dr comes running in as well. Two nurses follow quickly on his heels. One wraps a rubber band around her arm, while the other slides a needle into her vein with expert accuracy.

As much as I want to jump right in and demand they fix her, I know it won't help the matter at all. Dr Zucca gives the nurses new instructions once they have an I.V. line set up, and they rush to comply with him. One holds her head slightly tipped back, while the other hooks a bag of clear fluids up the I.V. The Dr then takes a soft, flexible tube and slowly inserts it down her throat.

Amber gags and tries to grab at his hands, so I jump in and hold them down. The nurse who was starting her saline drip pulls out a syringe and pokes it into an elbow on the line running into her arm. It takes less than five seconds for Amber to relax and stop fighting. The Dr works fast at pumping her stomach, trying to get rid of any remaining posion.

I know someone called him and gave him a run down on the situation, I'm just not sure who placed the call. A bunch of weird thoughts start running through my mind. Like, the two nurses in the room were literally the only two we had. Azariah could act as one, but she was apparently not around at the moment. Shit, she was trapped in a tunnel. How did I forget that? The other nurse we had was sitting in a holding cell for participating in tormenting Amber and laughing when her friend shot her in the ass with a dart.