Chapter 2: White (#FFFFFF)

"Apo, you're leaving so early today?" Lola Agnes was surprised to see Jayden dressed and ready at 6am. 

"Kuya Daniel called for an early meeting. Urgent case." Jayden stifled a yawn. 

"I made some pandesal for you and your team, Apo. You guys will be hungry after that meeting and running around." Lola Agnes handed Jayden a bag. 

"Salamat po, I'm sure they'll love it. I won't be home for dinner." Jayden hugged his Lola. 

"Love you, Apo." Lola Agnes kissed Jayden's cheek. She did that everytime she said goodbye to her grandson. 

"Love you too, Lola." Jayden waved as he got into the car. 

"I smell pandesal! Is that Lola Agnes' pandesal?" Alex rushed to Jayden the second he caught a whiff of the freshly baked bread. 

"Lola packed enough for everyone." Jayden handed the bag over to an overexcited Alex. 

"Get your coffee and pandesal, we've got a long day ahead of us." Det. Torres sat down at the head of the table. Thank goodness for Lola Agnes' pandesal or the team would not have gotten through the 3 hour-long meeting. 

"Sir, we just got a tip-off that the drug deal is taking place at 1400 at the market. Do we activate?" Alex ran in with the tip-off. 

"Jayden and Alex, you're with me. The rest call back-up and follow behind." Det. Torres ordered. 

"Yes Sir!" The team replied and got to work. 

"Status update, Alex?" Det. Torres turned to Alex who was in the back seat. Jayden was in charge of driving. 

"The informant reported weapons, mostly knives. Other than that, no movements yet." Alex replied. 

"If we catch them, we'll get closer to the gang we've been chasing." Det. Torres was resolute. The team had been on the gang's tail for a few months. 

"Granted the big fish turn up today, Sir. It's a big possibility that they've sent one of their many runners instead." Jayden didn't want to be a party-pooper but all 3 of them knew it could happen. 

"The informant just reported that the big fish are coming along. It's a big deal this time round." Alex relayed the important update. 

"Nice. Looks like it's gonna be a plentiful catch today, Jayden." Det. Torres smiled. 

"There's a lot of people at the market today..." Alex commented as the trio stood at the entrance. 

"The best place for a drug trade to take place without anyone noticing." Det. Torres sighed. 

"It's going to be dangerous if a confrontation breaks out..." Jayden spoke up after observing the crowd.

"But it's not like we can evacuate them either...That would giveaway the fact that we're here." Alex pursed his lips. 

"Can we get an estimated location from the informant? We can at least try to divert people away from the area." Det. Torres' goal was always to avoid hurting civilians in the line of duty. 

"I'll try my best." Alex stepped aside to converse with the informant. 

"Once we get a location from Alex, we need to think of a way to either divert the crowd or identify exit routes that are spacious enough for evacuation." Det. Torres looked around the area. 

"Sir, we got a location. It's near the end of the market, in one of the unoccupied stores." Alex returned with updates.

"Great. Lesser variables to deal with." Det Torres nodded.