Chapter 21: All's Good?

"Sabrina...do you have a minute to spare?" Jayden caught Sabrina before she left for the day.

"Sir...I..." Sabrina knew what this was about.

"I just wanted to apologise. Would that be okay?" Jayden waited for Sabrina.

"It's not your fault, Sir. I was the one imagining things. You don't have to apologise." Sabrina avoided Jayden's eyes.

"I do. I should not have overlooked your feelings, it didn't cross my mind to address the entire undercover mission after it ended. Romantic or not. I'm sorry, Sabrina." Jayden admitted.

"You're making it harder for me to let go, Sir." Sabrina sighed.

"I'm sorry...Is there anything I can do?" Jayden didn't know what to offer.

"Go out with me?" Sabrina looked at Jayden.

"I..." Jayden was flustered.

"I wasn't expecting you to say yes. You really love Ate Tricia, don't you?" Sabrina sighed again.

"I do." Jayden nodded.

"Then that's all I need to know." Sabrina shoved her hands into her pocket. Jayden had question marks on his face.

"I mean, we're all adults. You and Ate love each other, then as someone who's not part of the equation, I should deal with my feelings." Sabrina shrugged.

"So...are we good?" Jayden was still wary.

"Maybe in a month or so?" Sabrina joked.

"I know your family is all in America, but I could be your Kuya if you want?" Jayden gave Sabrina a warm smile.

"Really? What are you going to do as my Kuya?" Sabrina chuckled.

"I'll protect you from all the bad guys? Including Alex?" Jayden loosened up.

I hold you to that." Sabrina held out her hand.

"Anything for my little sister." Jayden shook Sabrina's hand.

"You know what, Kuya? I think Ate is the one for you. We've been colleagues for years and it's hard not to notice how much you've come out of your shell. I don't think I could have influenced you the way she has." Sabrina confessed.

"Shell?" Jayden wondered.

"I mean, I'm sure you know it too. But you're less uptight, more cheerful, more lenient on yourself and most importantly, love yourself more. You were an amazing person before Ate, but after meeting her, something about you just feels different." Sabrina shrugged.

"You're right. Trish was the change I needed, and wanted." Jayden smiled. 

"There's your change coming, kuya." Sabrina tilted her head. 

"Hey...everything okay?" Tricia asked carefully. 

"Everything's good, Ate. I know what you're worried about but I'm okay." Sabrina assured. 

"I'm now her Kuya Jayden." Jayden held Tricia's hand. 

"Kuya promised to be my big brother and chase away all the boys." Sabrina chuckled. 

"Talaga? What if he chases away even the good guys?" Tricia joked. 

"Then I'll steal Ate Trish away from him in return." Sabrina stuck her tongue out. 

"No way that's happening. I'm hers." Jayden put a possessive arm around Tricia. 

"I like Sabrina more than you though..." Tricia teased as she escaped from Jayden's embrace.