Chapter 16: Finally

"2 days left." Alex announced as the number on the timer changed. 

"Everything is settled with the other countries. They've got their targets in sight, there shouldn't be an issue." Det. Torres informed the team. 

"I've conversed with our backup as well, everything is going according to plan." Jayden reported. 

"What about the targets? Have they sensed anything?" Det. Torres looked at Sabrina. 

"Not as far as we know." Sabrina shook her head. 

"Great. Go home and take a good rest. We'll need all your energy for the next 72 hours. See you guys at 0800 tomorrow." Det. Torres looked at his watch. 

"Yes Sir." The team replied. 

"Sir, are you going home? I mean back to the condo?" Sabrina caught Jayden. 

"Not yet. You can head back first." Jayden had other plans. 

"Should I wait for you?" Sabrina asked. 

"No, don't. Have an early night." Jayden shook his head. 

"Sige..." Sabrina wanted to ask further but stopped herself. 

"I'll see you guys tomorrow." Jayden grabbed his things and rushed off. He had somewhere important to be. 

"Can I come in?" Jayden knocked and peaked inside. 

"JAYDIE!" Kaela cried as she recognised Jayden. 

"Hey careful..." Jayden caught Kaela as she leaped into his arms. 

"I missed you! Why didn't you come visit me for so long?" Kaela pouted as she hugged Jayden tight. 

"Sorry...I was a little busy with work. How have you been?" Jayden stroked Kaela's hair. 

"Good! I had your dinosaur to keep me company! I've been eating well and Trishie says I'm doing much better with my cough!" Kaela gave Jayden a quick update. 

"I'm so proud of you! How about the promise you made me?" Jayden wondered. 

"I've been looking after Trishie! I gave her a candy everytime she looked tired or upset, just like you told me to!" Kaela boasted. 

"Thank you, my little helper." Jayden smiled. 

"Have you saved Jack and my friends?" Kaela asked the burning question. 

"I'm going to. That's why I'm here to tell you that you'll be able to see your friends after 2 more sleeps." Jayden put Kaela down on her bed. 

"Really?" Kaela was thrilled. 

"We're going to work real hard to make sure all your friends will be safe and sound so you can play with them soon." Jayden assured. 

"All of them? Even the baby?" Kaela asked. 

"All of them. Even the baby." Jayden nodded. 

"Will it be dangerous?" Kaela wondered. 

"A little bit, but I won't let your friends be in danger. I promise." Jayden held out his pinky. 

"I trust in you. Trishie always told me that I could trust you." Kaela smiled as she hooked pinkies with Jayden. 

"She did?" Jayden chuckled. 

"Uh huh. She told me to believe in you because you always keep your word." Kaela repeated what Tricia told her. 

"I'll make sure to bring your friends to you." Jayden hugged the girl.