Chapter 4: Yellow (#FFBF34)

"Hi Ate Gaile, what's up?" Tricia picked up the call.

"Patty, you're off duty today right?" Gaile was glad that Tricia picked up the phone.

"Yeah...is something wrong?" Tricia noticed that Gaile sounded a little rushed.

"Uh...Alo's kindergarten just called to say that they were ending school early today since there's a power failure. Howie has a meeting and I have consultations scheduled until the evening..." Gaile explained.

"I can help pick Alo up from school. It's been a while since we went on a date anyways." Tricia was more than happy to spend time with Alonso.

"Perfect. Thanks Patty, I owe you one. He should be out in 30 minutes." Gaile heaved a sigh of relief before ending the call.

Ate, did you take the car today?

Yep, why?

I'm on pick up duty for Alo...it's okay I'll just walk

Health is lyfe #healthypatty

Tricia changed into a tank top, tights and put on her running shoes to prepare for the 20-minute walk to Alonso's kindergarten. On the way, Tricia made a list of fun things for Alonso to choose from for their date.

"Alo!" Tricia waved to Alonso as she spotted the boy waiting outside with this classmates.

"Tita Tricia!" Alonso ran up to Tricia, surprised but excited.

"Your Mama and Papa are busy so how does a date with Tita Tricia sound?" Tricia ruffled Alonso's hair.

"YES PLEASE!" Alonso jumped.

"Let's go say goodbye to your teacher first." Tricia held Alonso's hand as they walked towards Alonso's teacher.

"Tita, I wanted to introduce my best friend to you! Say hi to Joshua!" Alonso pulled Tricia towards a boy, waving to him.

"Hi Joshua, nice to meet you. I'm Alo's Tita Tricia." Tricia held her hand out for a handshake.

"Hello Tita Tricia, I'm Joshua!" Joshua shook Tricia's hand.

"Joshua, is your Mama or Papa coming to pick you up?" Alonso asked.

"Nope, my Tito is coming! Mama and Papa are not in Manila because Papa followed Mama for her work trip." Joshua shook his head.

"Tita Tricia and I are going on a date!" Alonso grinned.

"I'm going to ask Tito to bring me out for some ice-cream and to the arcade too!" Joshua shared.

"Tita, did you know that Joshua's Tito is a super cool policeman? Joshua, my Tita Tricia is a doctor!" Alonso beamed with pride.

"Wow, you must be really smart...I want to be a doctor when I grow up too!" Joshua looked at Tricia in awe.

"Really? I'm sure you'll be a great doctor!" Tricia smiled at Joshua.

"TITO!" Joshua was distracted by the man approaching. Tricia and Alonso's eyes followed Joshua.

"Hey Joshua..." The man lifted Joshua in his arms. Tricia swore her brain logged out for a second.

"Dr Tricia...what a coincidence..." Jayden was equally surprised.

"Hi Det. Rivera...I didn't expect you to be the Tito that Joshua was referring to." Tricia let out a small awkward chuckle.

"YOU TWO KNOW EACH OTHER?" Alonso and Joshua asked in harmony, looking at the adults. Jayden exchanged looks with Tricia and both of them nodded slowly.