Finale: The Grace of our Beloved Morning Star

"Ate! Are you ready?" The 9 year-old called out to Kaela.

"I'm almost done!" Kaela yelled from her room.

"Papa, Ate takes so long to get ready..." The younger girl frowned.

"Makeup and hair takes a while, star." Jayden smiled at his younger daughter.

"Danica Agnes Robredo Rivera, are you complaining about me again?" Kaela appeared from her room.

"Well, who told you to take so long to get ready? It's not even your big day." Dani rolled her eyes.

"I didn't take that long. Daddy, did I?" Kaela turned to Jayden.

"Ok girls, it's Mummy's big day today so let's not fight..." Jayden tried to diffuse the fight.

"She started it, not me." Kaela made a face.

"What? Daddy..." Dani pouted.

"Girls." Jayden warned.

"Sorry." The sister apologized to each other.

"Shall we go? It's almost time." Jayden looked at the time.

"I want the front seat!" Dani ran ahead.

"Are you tall enough? It's dangerous." Kaela eyed her sister.

"I am!" Dani had reached the minimum height a few months ago.

"Go ahead then..." Kaela opened the door for Dani.

"I owe you an ice-cream date." Jayden whispered to Kaela. Kaela was usually in the passenger seat when Tricia wasn't with them, thanks to her height.

"It's okay. It's payback for making Dani wait." Kaela grinned.

"Thank you, Ate." Dani turned back from her passenger seat to look at Kaela.

"Don't get used to it." Kaela joked.

"Do we have the flowers?" Jayden checked.

"Yep. Also, Lola, Tita Aika and Jill are on their way too." Kaela had checked the group chat she shared with the Robredo girls. Dani was the only one not inside due to her lack of a phone.

"We better get moving then..." Jayden stepped on the accelerator.

"Lola!" Dani spotted Atty Leni.

"Hello my sweethearts..." Atty Leni hugged both Kaela and Dani.

"You've gotten taller, haven't you?" Jill stood next to Dani.

"A little?" Dani chuckled.

"Is Zach coming too?" Aika whispered to Kaela.

"How did you know?" Kaela blushed.

"Tita's instincts?" Aika teased. Zach, who was a son of Tricia's supervisor, was Kaela's crush.

"Don't let Daddy know about this, please." Kaela knew Jayden wasn't ready for the boyfriend talk.

"Does this make me an accomplice?" Aika joked. 

"Mummy knows too. Daddy can't charge her, so he won't charge you either." Kaela assured. 

"Ate, Tita! The ceremony is starting soon!" Dani came to get Aika and Kaela. 

"Zach's just two rows in front..." Aika muttered to Kaela as the family took their seats.

"Tita..." Kaela hushed Aika. 

"I would like to extend my warmest welcome to the friends and family of our hospital's appointment ceremony. This year, we have another batch of dedicated, passionate and brilliant Professors who I believe will take our country's medical industry to greater heights..." The Director of Tricia's hospital gave his opening speech. 

"Papa, is Mama coming out soon?" Dani whispered to Jayden. 

"Soon...you see her over there?" Jayden spotted Tricia near the stage. 

"Daddy, quick take out your phone! I want to take a picture of Mummy when she goes on stage!" Dani stretched her palm out. 

"Last but not least, Professor Janine Patricia Gerona Robredo...Head of Pediatrics." The MC announced. 

"Mummy looks so pretty today!" Dani loved seeing Tricia on stage. 

"She looks pretty everyday but I agree that she's exceptionally pretty in her white coat." Jayden smiled. 

"Let's go, Professor!" A few of Tricia's residents shouted, making the entire auditorium laugh. 

 "As expected from our hospital's favourite pediatrician..." The entire hospital knew how well-liked Tricia was.