Chapter 23: Possibilities

"GO JAYDIE!" Kaela screamed from the side as Jayden sprinted across the field. The 200m sprint was the last event of the sports day.

"YES!" Tricia and Kaela fist-pumped the air when Jayden was the first one to break through the finish line, the rest of the fathers a distance behind. 

"Jaydie, you won!" Kaela ran up to Jayden, Tricia trailing behind. 

"I told you I would." Jayden picked Kaela up. 

"You were so fast!" Kaela was amazed at Jayden's speed. All that suspect chasing did come in handy after all. 

"Water?" Tricia smiled as she handed Jayden a bottle of cold water. 

"Thanks...Did I look cool while running?" Jayden winked. 

"Just because you came in first, doesn't mean you get to be all cocky, Rivera." Tricia rolled her eyes. 

"Too bad, Robredo." Jayden wrapped his arm around Tricia and pulled her in for a kiss on the forehead. 

"Everyone's looking..." Tricia smacked Jayden in embarrassment. 

"Kaela, can you bring your Mummy and Daddy over for the award ceremony?" One of the teachers called out. 

"Medal time!" Kaela cheered as she held Jayden and Tricia's hands, pulling them towards the podium. 

"1st place for the 100m sprint goes to Kaela's Daddy!" One of the teachers announced as the children approached their fathers to hand out medals. Kaela was no exception. 

"And the overall 1st place for the individual and family events goes to Kaela!" The teacher handed over a mini trophy to Kaela, who was standing on the podium. 

"Yay Kaela!" Jayden and Tricia cheered proudly as Kaela waved at them. 

"Kaela! Is that your Mummy and Daddy?" A boy ran up to Kaela. 

"Uh..." Kaela looked up at Jayden and Tricia. 

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Tricia and this is Jayden. What's your name?" Tricia bent down to match the height of the boy, reaching out her hand for a handshake. 

"Aryan!" The boy shook Tricia's hand, flashing a toothy smile. 

"Aryan's my best friend!" Kaela informed. Although it didn't mean Kaela had told Aryan that she didn't have a Mummy or Daddy. In fact, she'd always watch longingly as Aryan's parents came to pick him up after school daily. 

"Mama, Papa! Kaela's over here!" Aryan waved to his parents, who made their way over. 

"Hi Kaela, congratulations on winning 1st place!" Aryan's mum gave Kaela a warm smile. 

"Thank you, auntie!" Kaela liked Aryan's mum. She was always smiling. 

"Oh god, where are my manners...Nice to meet you, I'm Aryan's mum. You can call me Aisha!" Aisha introduced herself. 

"Pleasure is ours too. I'm Tricia and this is Jayden." Tricia returned the introduction. 

"What do you work as? My Mama's a lawyer and my Papa is a businessman." Aryan looked up at Tricia and Jayden as he asked. 

"Trishie's a doctor and Jaydie's a policeman!" Kaela answered instead. 

"Wow, that's cool! But why do you call them Trishie and Jaydie...not Mummy and Daddy?" Aryan was confused. 

"Aryan!" Aisha stopped her son. She had heard about Kaela's situation from the Sister that usually picked Kaela up. Kaela waved at Jayden and Tricia, wanting them to bend down.