Chapter 10: Pink (#FEC5E5)

"Good morning and welcome..." Jayden greeted as the bell on the door of the bakery sounded. 

"Morning, Jayden." Tricia waved.

"Morning, Tricia." Jayden smiled. 

"Lola didn't say you were coming today..." Jayden stared at the empty tray that used to hold Tricia's favourite bread.

"I had a surprise off day today so I thought I'd try my luck..." Tricia pouted. She assumed she was going to be in time. 

"Sorry for making you make a wasted trip..." Jayden felt guilty upon seeing Tricia so disappointed. 

"It's not your fault, Jayden. It's not a wasted trip since I kinda came here to say hi to Lola as well...where is she?" Tricia wondered. Most of the time, Lola Agnes would have ran out to give Tricia a hug already. 

"Oh, one of the Titas offered to take Lola out for brunch nearby. You just missed her...Sorry." Jayden apologised again. 

"I thought we said no saying sorry for things that aren't your fault?" Tricia reminded. 

"My bad, sor...I mean, I'll try." Jayden caught himself. 

"That's better." Tricia grinned. 

"If you're not in a rush, do you wanna try making the next batch of bread with me? We can make a few of your favourites while we're at it." Jayden offered. 

"You know how to make bread?" Tricia's eyes widened. 

"I've been making bread ever since I was a child. I'm Lola's honorary employee and pupil." Jayden boasted. 

"Wow, I'm impressed. I would love to give it a shot though..." Tricia was more than willing to. 

"Come on then. This is where the magic happens." Jayden led Tricia into the kitchen at the back. 

"Reminds me of the time I visited a kitchen when I wrote a piece on local bakeries last year..." Tricia took in the sight before her. 

"It was a good piece. I liked it a lot." Jayden praised. 

"You read it?" Tricia gasped. 

"You bet. I know many people liked it but it definitely spoke to me and Lola in a personal way. I never expected myself to meet the genius author one day." Jayden remember reading the feature with Lola when it came out. 

"Definite not a genius but I'm glad it struck a chord with you and Lola. That's the biggest compliment a writer can get." Tricia was relieved.

"Let's see if bread making if going be one of your forte...Here, you can have Lola's apron." Jayden handed Tricia an apron. 

"Now I feel like I have to live up to Lola's name..." Trica chuckled nervously as she donned the apron. 

"You have a skilled teacher before you, no need for worries." Jayden boasted.

"Where is he? I don't see a skilled teacher here?" Tricia teased.

"I guess we're not making your favourites then?" Jayden retorted. 

"My bad, Sir. What shall we do first?" Tricia changed her stance immediately. 

"Time to knead the dough." Jayden instructed after they'd finished the initial steps. 

"By hand?" Tricia wondered. 

"The only way in this bakery. Lola swears by it." Jayden nodded as he poured the dough out onto the countertop.