15.

"I can't believe this is handmade!"

Jungkook's mother was beyond shock. She could feel the food melting in her mouth.

" Did you make this for real?"

Jungkook's cousin muttered, his mouth filled with bean rice and honey chicken.

"Our little Jungkookie brought a gemmm!"

No one was as happy as grandma here. And that was the main deal of today's gathering.
.
.
.

"What do you do Ms. Vanera? Don't tell me you're a model too..."

The question was asked by none other than Jungkook's cousin Jeon Jaeshik. Jungkook knew he would be the bone to their curry. They are rivals after all. Thus he was prepared for all kind of questions his family specially his cousin might ask and they prepared everything beforehand.

"I'm a freelancer and a digital content creator"

Tae lied confidently without breaking into sweats.

"Wow! That's great! Thought you are a model too-"

"Jaeshik!"

"Ah sorry! My tongue almost slipped..."

Jaeshik never falis to get onto Jungkook's nerves.

"How did you two meet?"

Jungkook's mother asked.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook shyly, who also stared back at him and blushed. An act they practised beforehand. Tae felt like they were doing a comedy show. He almost laughed. Just give them an oscar already!

"At a cafe... I accidentally spilled coffee on his shirt (the classic act in every rom com movies and series) then one thing led to another we chatted, swiped each other's numbers, went to dates and here we are..."

The conversations went on until it came to a point Jungkook was not prepared for.

"I showed him some of my works, some designs and he seemed to like it which was a great deal for me!" Taehyung said with excitement.

"Wait, don't tell me were those designs of cars?" Jaeshik blurted out pausing Taehyung.

Jungkook froze. Taehyung was confused. Where did car came from? Why it would be cars out of everything?

"Our Jungkookie loved cars more than anything! Specially sports car!"

Jungkook's jaw clenched. His eyes were dark. Though he was looking down at his plate, Taehyung could feel it. Jungkook's posture was tensed and his hands became sweaty.

Taehyung and so the other family members were feeling uncomfortable by this tensed atmosphere. He couldn't get the picture what was happening until the answer hit his brain.

Jungkook was an International car racer back in his youth until he quit because of a tragic accident. It led him to coma for almost seven months. He had to overgo Physio therapy to be able to use his hands and legs again. The treatment was successful but he couldn't drive even a normal car anymore. His hands would shake violently and he would have a PTSD shock.

Taehyung didn't know what was the purpose of Jaeshik. Was he trying to trigger Jungkook? Did they had a complicated relationship?

He grabbed Jungkook's hand from under the table and rubbed his index finger over Jungkook's hand. Taehyung didn't even know when he got so bold and daring. Where did his shyness, timidness, 'not my business' self go? Seemed like the action helped since Jungkook came down a little bit and smiled at him with a look he didn't seem to understand.

No one gave Taehyung this kind of look in his life. He doesn't know how to describe it....a look which made him feel butterflies in his stomach.

To get out of this awkwardness Tae started brainstorming.

"Maybe we need something sweet in our mouth."

Tae said while giving Jaeshik a glare.

"So desserts everyone?"

<<<<_____________________>>>>

How are you guys liking this book so far? I mean the plot, Jungkook and Taehyung's characters and overall? Though I'm not gonna change anything over someone's opinion but still let me know, don't be shy ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎