18.

Tae's POV

The limo pulled up infront of a big ass building. Tonight was the 25th anniversary of Jeon Enterprise. It also might be my last 'mission' playing as Jungkook's girlfriend cause his grandmother was leaving next week.

If not because of his persistent-demanding cousin Jungkook would have never agreed to this. He wanted to keep our 'relationship' private. An 'act' only to satisfy his family then get over with it as time passes. I also had the same thinking. Not only was I his fake girlfriend, I was a boy. There is no way this could work out between us. I should be happy finally that this burden was finally over but I can't get rid of this empty feeling. I want this to be over at the same time I don't. Looks like, I'm finally mental!

The entrance itself looked like 'The Met Gala'. The red carpet matched the red dress I wore. The dress which I wasn't supposed to wear.

Flashback....

I was just heading out when a worker of Jeon household accidentally bumped into me, spilling the soup she was going to serve grandma. Obviously I screamed not only cause the soup was extremely hot but also the dress cost more than my monthly budget. Though Jungkook paid for this dress not me. But still, we poor people know the value of 'things' we can't afford ourself.

We were already passed the schedule. I didn't bought any extra dress. Jungkook saw the commotion and quickly went upstairs to his room. I followed him.

"Here... try this"

It was a beautiful red dress. I might be a man but I can identify a good dress when I see one. It was better than the dress I wore before.

When giving me the dress I saw Jungkook kind of hesitating. Debating in his head whether to give me this dress or not. I don't know if it was only my overthinking or not. He noticed my weird look.

"I am sorry it's a-actually my wife's dress...ex wife's..."

Oh. So I was right. This dress had a past.

Now I see it, I am getting into more and more uncomfortable situations with him nowadays. Jungkook's mom wasn't here so I couldn't lend any dress from her. The red dress it is then.

Once I wore and came out from the bathroom he looked at me and paused. He looked like he had many things to say as well as nothing. Seconds later he left the room without saying anything.
.
.
.
As soon as we entered the hall, all eyes were on us. My arms were intertwined with his. I had a social anxiety. Specially I didn't like being in fancy places where their class didn't match with mine's. I felt like vomiting. I hope I don't end up ruining this dress too.

"Are you nervous?"

"More like dying mate... don't know how long before I pass out flat"

He laughed hearing my response. Felt like a lifetime science I heard it.

"I'll hold you if you do."
.
.
.
"Ah Jungkook! Finallyyyy...!"

Jaeshik hugged him rather roughly I would say.

"Vanyyy! Look at youu...my gorgeous lady!"

He pulled my hand and kissed it. I know high class people often do that but personally I don't like this gesture. Moreover, the heck was 'Vany'? We aren't even that close to give each other nicknames!

"WHERE ARE THE PAPARAZZIS?! HEY YOU! COME TAKE A PICTURE OF US!"

Ummm...isn't he being a too overhyped?

"Vany! Would you please take a picture of us? I just found out me and Jungkook don't have any single picture together "

"Why do you seem so excited Jaeshik? And don't call her Vany. It's uncomfortable."

YES. THAT'S MY MAN.

"Ooooh~ someone is jealous. Don't worry little bro. I ain't gonna steal your girl. Now look into the camera and smileee!"

After clicking the pictures Tae returned the phone. He and Jaeshik made a short eye contact. For some reason it made Tae's hair stand.

"Don't mind me but I don't trust your cousin."

"Neither do I..."

Jungkook's voice was a little raspy. He also looked a bit tipsy too.

"Are you okay?"

"...hmm.."

"You know what? You had enough drink. Let's dance and show everyone what they wanted to see"

<<<<____________________>>>>

Be prepared for the next two chapters...and yeah don't ask me when it will come cause I don't know either. V_V