17.

Tae's POV

"Your grandmother is at her last stage of dialysis. Her body is at it's end. She had a shortness of breath because the fluids reached up to her lungs. Though we used ultra filteration to make breathing easier for her but I fear we can't do much from here now on..."

"..............."

"Son....?"

"I-I'm sorry it's just..- h-how long does she have?"

"The treatment went nearly for five years... if she gets lucky then I would assume seven to eight months."

I didn't say anything. I felt like vomiting hearing everything he just said.

I saw her through the hospital door, she looked so vulnerable... week and pale. Was she always like this? Were I too busy focusing on my life, failed to care for the people close to me.

I heard the phone buzzing. It was Jimin.

"H-Hello.."

My voice was hoarse and my throat hurt.

"Taee...! GOD! Man where are you?! how is-"

"I-I'm at the hospital grand- is admitted.."

I couldn't even make a proper sentence, let alone complete it. The only family I had was dying infront of my eyes and I can't do anything.

"Listen, take a deep breath! I heard it from Jin hyung. He said you had an emergency and took the day off. You could've called me! You know- just send me the location!"

I knew I should've let him know but my head wasn't functioning at that moment. Jimin came soon as I gave him the location. He stayed with me until grandma woke up.

I hugged her, cried my heart and soul out. The last time I cried like this when my parents died.

Jimin wanted to stay with me and spend the night but I didn't want to burden him. He already did a lot for me and honestly I needed some alone time.

I couldn't sleep that night. I was wide awake, feeling emotionless. Why everything bad had to happen today? Did I come across a black cat? Though I don't believe this shits. What would I do when she leaves me... who will be by my side? When my parents died I didn't feel like I was an orphan. Grandma was always there for me, she fulfilled the duty of a father and a mother. Now I feel like an orphan. I didn't know I was crying again till the tears reached my lips.

The phone vibrated in middle of the night.

I looked my phone screen,

Jeon JK

"Are you awake?"

"Sorry to bother you at this late hour..."

I didn't want to reply. I was in a sour mood and his text annoyed me more maybe because he is also somewhere responsible for my measurable situation.

Who am I kidding? I bought this hell upon myself. Why are you trying to blame others to feel less guilty for your situation Kim Taehyung?

"Hi" I finally replied because it's my duty as he's paying off my debts.

Joke on me. I didn't want to accept the fact that I just want to talk to someone right now.

"I had a feeling that I might find you awake...." he replied.

"Hmm.."

"Are you okay? I mean you sound off than usual..."

"Nahh.. I am fine!"

"My heart is telling me you're not.

Wait

That came out wrong I think..."

I won't lie, I smiled a little.

"You're right... I had the worst day of my life today... I feel like I should just leave this world."

"Do you mind sharing it..? You might feel better"

"I'll pass. It will be like repeating this day all over for the 2nd time"

"It's okay I understand."

There was a long pause after that. Probably he didn't know what to say. I also kept quite. I was about to leave the phone on the table then another notification came.

"It might sound cringe... but do you want to hear a song?"

Ok. That was unexpected. For some reason the offer attracted me to stay. I did want to hear him singing...wonder how would it sound.

"You're not joking are you?"

He read the text then suddenly went to voice call. I panicked a bit. I hope he doesn't start video calling cause I look like someone who woke up from a coma.

I heard him breathing softly then surprisingly he started singing one of my favourite songs. I felt the goosebumps. Hair of my arms stood up hearing his bewitching voice.

"Here's to the ones that we got...
Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not....

Cause the drinks bring back all the memories...
Of everything we've been through...."

" There's a time that I remember,
when I did not know no pain...

When I believed in forever, and everything would stay the same...."

Even though he was singing on the other side of the phone I felt like he was near me. Lying beside me, singing me a lullaby. I didn't feel lonely, his sweet voice made me close my eyes.

He should be a Singer.

I didn't even know I fell asleep until I woke up in the morning hearing the alarm.
There I saw it...

Call ended. Duration 6min 34sec.

"I think my song helped. You must be sleeping..."