─ Scene II: Encountered Again ─

[Y/N] had been wandering the streets wearing his old hero costume, it was now mandatory for him to wear it and bring around his hero license if he was going out... what a pain. He kept getting stares, but who wouldn't stare at someone as hot as him? Pfft. Maybe they were staring because someone who looked like a pro hero was smoking...

Oh well! Not his problem. They can keep staring all they want. He was only out to have a quick cigarette and a bit of exercise before he headed back to U.A. Maybe he could stop by the League and check on Atsuhiro...

Wait...

Is that who he thinks it is..?

"Izuku!" He called, watching the green-haired boy freeze up, Mirio turned in the Kitsune's direction, the vigilante giving him a small smile and wave. He blew the smoke out threw his nose as he approached the two, the cigarette resting between his index and middle finger.

Izuku slowly and stiffly turned to face his older brother who was walking quite slowly. "[Y-Y/N]?! What are you doing here?" Sweat trickled down the side of Izuku's face, also confused about why he was wearing the white outfit.

As [Y/N] was about to answer, a little girl came running out of the alley, bumping into the Kitsune. Before she could fall, he grabbed her hand, steadying her on her feet. "Woah, careful there little one. You okay?" He dropped his cigarette, crushing it under the heel of his shoe as he blew out any remaining smoke away from the child.

He looked back at her to see she had long, light blue hair and ruby-red eyes. He crouched down to be at her level, noticing her trembling. She didn't answer, but god did she look scared. 

Izuku and Mirio came over, Izuku wasn't expecting to see a side like this from his brother, knowing how much he hates kids. "Shame on you, causing trouble for the nice hero." [Y/N] noticed Eri visibly tense at the voice, [Y/N] too had a visible reaction as he remembered it too. 

He looked up to confirm his suspicions, seeing Overhaul come out of the shadows. He knew Overhaul did not recognize him, there was no way he could considering he wore a cloak that covered his identity and did not talk until after they left.

God... He just wanted to pull out his sword and kill the man, even if this young girl saw. For Magne, for Atsuhiro... He will get revenge on Overhaul one day. "Sorry for any trouble my daughter caused, hero. She tends to get excited while playing and hurts herself. It's a real problem." [Y/N] could hear clothes get ruffled behind him, but he didn't dare move his eyes away from Overhaul knowing how dangerous his Quirk was.

"Did you forget to wear your hood and mask again? They must not have gotten the right size for you!" Mirio was clearly acting, he could hear it in his voice. Do they know about Overhaul? "We're the ones who should apologize!" [Y/N] should be wearing his gloves, he fears his claws react to his emotions and could accidentally injure the girl. "That fabulous mask you've got there... You must be with the Hassaikai!" So Mirio knew, that was now a fact, but how did he know about the Hassaikai?

"Yeah. Don't mind the mask... I'm just sensitive to dust and grime. I've never seen you three before. Newcomers to the hero business? You two are so young." [Y/N] felt offended, knowing he was talking to Izuku and Mirio. Well... he was in his late twenties after all... God, now he feels old. 

Mirio rubbed the back of his head. "That's right! We're all nerves about being such newbies! Stand up, Sir! Gotta face the unknown future on your feet!" Mirio had his hand stretched out for the Kitsune, trying to get him to move along with them.