Chapter 3 - Aptitude Test

It was the morning and we were all being rushed to the pit to begin the aptitude test. 

"Listen up! This is the aptitude test, and there is no spot for you here if you fail!" All of the cadets were gathered by a bunch of giant machines used to simulate the experience of being suspended above the air by odm gear. 'I can't wait to try this out!'

Looking around the crowd I made my way to Reiner but saw he was hanging out with another taller guy and decided not to bother them.

"This is hilarious." I said accidently out loud getting strange looks from the people waiting along side me. The people on the rigs were struggling to maintain their balance and were fumbling around. Although it made me more nervous. 'This might be harder than I thought.' 'Well I hope that time back in Shiganshina gives me a little edge.' Thinking about the first time I used odm gear and how good it felt.

"You! Y/N, you're up maggot! Show me your worth keeping for another week!"

"Sir yes sir!" I responded vigorously walking up to the rig and fastening the clips onto my belt.

"Thomas! Raise cadet Y/N." 

"Yes sir." Thomas responded before turning the lever slowly raising the cords into the air. 'Ugh can these people stop looking at me.' But as the cord lifted me into the air I suspended effortlessly almost floating in place. Looking around at the other cadets I saw Mikasa just as effortlessly floating in place and past her Eren completely upside down on his face a horrified look. 

"What is your major malfunction Yeager! Straighten yourself up!" Shadis said barking in Erens face. 

'I honestly thought Eren would do better than that.' I thought to myself,' 'especially after all that talk yesterday about the Titans.' I looked over at Eren with a face of pity. 

'If we just master the odm gear taking the Titans out will be a piece of cake.' I mocked Eren, 'I guess for him that's a hard if.' I snickered. 'I'm going to go to the mess hall and get a bite before everyone else, it's almost lunch time anyway.' I thought to myself deciding to leave before it got crowded. As I ran towards the mess hall. Stopping at the door and catching my breath I looked inside surprised to see another person already in there. 'Who's that?' It was a short blond haired girl with icy blue eyes and a mean look on her face. 'I didn't see her at the ceremony, may be best to leave her alone she doesn't look like she wants to talk.'

Walking towards the counter and grabbing one of the premade trays set out for the cadets I walked to the table I sat at yesterday before hearing a voice behind me.

Annie POV:

I heard somebody open the door and lean on it seemingly out of breath. 'Oh it's that short kid who was talking to Reiner yesterday, ugh how he can he stand talking to him.' Getting up off the side of the door he looked inside and seemed surprised to see me in there already eating. He walked in and grabbed one of the trays and sat down at a random table. 

"Hey you." I said walking over to him and grabbing his attention.

"Yeah?"

"What's your name." I asked him in a monotone voice. 

"Y/N L/N why?"

"No reason just wondering." I responded before starting to walk away. 'I'll have to remember him he did good on the test maybe he'll-'

"At least tell me your name then." He responded interrupting my thoughts and unwilling to let me off with such a cheap answer.

"Annie Leonhart." I responded continuing walking away.