Chapter 14 - Graduation Day

I woke up early in the morning and Annie had already left leaving a note behind for me. 

'Good morning Y/N I went off to go head back to Trost if you want to know where I've been. See you later.'

"Well that's a short letter." I grabbed the small piece of paper and headed off back to Trost. As soon as I wandered into the mess hall half asleep all the cadets were rushed out for an inspection of their odm gear. 

"Hey Armin, why are they having an inspection right now so early in the morning?" I  yawned tired from the long walk feeling rather sleepy. 

"Apparently last night someone killed the two Titans we were holding captive and ran off so they're trying to find the culprit."

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow in disbelieve.

"Whoever it was really hates Titans." Connie chipped in.

"But they pretty much helped the Titans if anything. Maybe they wanted revenge? Either way it only set us back farther against them." Armin said. 'That's right, if anything they only helped them. But if it wasn't just pure revenge then why would someone help the Titans? ' I looked up at the celling trying to think of some answer. I thought back to when Eren came out of his Titan, and when the colossal and Armored Titans specifically targeted the gates during Shiganshina. Almost like they had intelligence or something, no other Titans have had that besides those three.

'What do they all have in common?' I thought to myself before it clicked. 'Maybe the Colossal and Armored are humans. Like Eren, if that's the case they might've been the people to kill the Test subjects. That would mean they're in the military though. It'd be impossible to get down from the walls without odm gear so they'd have to be using it.'

"You! You're next." One of the inspectors said looking at me. 

"Y/N L/N of squad 22, sir." I responded stepping forward and placing my odm gear onto the desk. He then went down a checklist asking me different questions about my odm gear, all of which lined up fine.' 

"You're good, back in line." I walked back over to the others standing next to Annie. 

"For as weak as you are, you've got guts." I heard Annie say to Armin.

"Th-Thanks." Armin stuttered out. "You know, you're actually pretty nice Annie."

"Huh?" She looked over at him confused. 

"I mean, you seem apprehensive about us joining the scouts, plus I assume you have a reason for joining the MPs."

"Not really. I just want to stay alive." Annie told him.

"How bout you Y/N, what regiment are you going to join?" Connie asked.

"I'm joining the Scouts." I said plainly.

"Really? I thought you'd be joining the MPs."

"Why'd you think that?" 

"Well I assumed you'd go wherever Annie went." Connie said cheekily. "Everybody knows you're a thing just so you know."

"It's not like we tried to hide it." I shrugged my shoulders. "Besides even if I wanted to join the MPs I'm probably better off in the Scouts." I switched the topic before I got more embarrassed.

"How so?" Connie asked.

"Something about fighting the Titans isn't as daunting to me as other people make it seem, I just feel some sort of calmness about it all. A part of me wants to go fight more Titans."

"You're a different breed man." Connie said shocked at my response. 

Just as he said that the inspection ended letting everybody go their separate ways. Me and Annie spent the rest of the day together enjoying the last afternoon we'd spend together for awhile. Soon all the cadets were gathered by a giant stage and we awaited the arrival of the commander of the Scouts, Commander Erwin.