Chapter 22 - Betrayal

The sun rose out of the sky ending the long night, Ymir jumped off the tower and transformed into her Titan in front of all us. Her Titan was short, small, and nimble. It hopped from Titan to Titan biting off their napes and going on to the next.

"Is this real? Ymir is a Titan too?" Conny stared down in disbelieve along with the rest of us. Ymir continued to ravage down below and while dodging past a Titan it went off balance and slammed into the tower shaking it greatly and knocking Christa off the side of the railing. 

Reiner acted quickly grabbing her leg and pulling her back onto the side where she could balance herself.

"Th-Thanks Reiner." However Reiner's grip on her leg persisted and he seemed lost in thought squeezing his hand harder. "Ow, it hurts! Reiner, my leg!" She reeled in pain and Conny jumped to her side trying to snap Reiner back.

"Reiner! That's enough! Let her go! Her leg!" Conny yelled.

"Reiner, snap out of it." I said putting my hand on his shoulder. He came to his senses and let her go looking ashamed of what he'd done. Christa fell to the floor on her leg but quickly stood back up.

"S-Sorry." He said quietly. 

"No, you saved me." Christa said already quick to forgive him.

"Christa. . . Did you know? That Ymir is a Titan?" Reiner asked. 

"I had no idea. I was always so close to her, too. How? How could this be?" She looked distraught and betrayed. I felt bad, knowing well myself of what it felt like. "That Titan. . . Is Ymir?" 

"In other words, she knew some of the secrets of our world. And I never suspected a thing." Reiner said.

"Hey. . . Do you think she's known about it? Eren is a Titan, too, and he didn't know about it until it happened. But Ymir is like. . . like she knew about it all along."

"She did. She had a plan before she jumped off, she must've known." I said grimly. 

"Are you saying she might be an enemy of humanity?" Christa asked.

"I'm saying that's one hell of a power to hide. Who knows what she might've been thinking." Conny said back.

"I wonder. . . What could Ymir's goal be?" Bertholdt looked down at Ymir fighting the rest of the oncoming Titans. Suddenly when landing on the wall a Titan managed to reach up and grab Ymir's arm dragging her down into the others. Another Titan joined in grabbing her hair and biting her leg.

"Ymir!" Christa yelled. Ymir managed to free herself jumping up onto the wall again when a Titan grabs her leg mid jump. She struggles trying to kick it off before another one grabs her second leg. Hanging on two of the towers bricks from her fingertips she grips on for her life, under that much stress however the bricks start to come loose and hanging from a thread she lets go suddenly and falls into the Titans. 'Is she trying to protect us? '

"She's-!" Conny gasped leaning over to see better what is happening. However Ymir managed to positions herself and land on the Titans without being ripped apart. "Is she worried about the tower falling?"

"She has to be. If she wanted to, Ymir could use this power of hers to escape all on her own. And yet, she's not doing that. She's risking her life to protect us." Christa proclaimed. "Why? Why? Ymir!" Christa got up and stood up on the railing. "Don't you die Ymir! Not in a place like this!" 

"Hey!" Conny grabbed her legs to try and keep her from falling.

"Don't pretend like you're good, you idiot! You want to go out in a blaze of glory? Are you stupid?! It's to late for you to get into heaven! Live for yourself goddammit!" Christa yelled ignoring Conny. "If you're going to die protecting this tower, forget about it! Tear it down!!!!!" She yelled even louder practically screaming. I chuckled. 'I'm not surprised, looks like Christa finally got rid of her good girl personality.' Ymir suddenly changed grabbing bricks off of the tower and throwing them into the Titan knocking them back and keeping them away. She went along the tower taking one after the other until the tower started to tip and fall towards the ground.