Chapter 23 - Return to Stohess

Annie POV:

'How many days has it been now? It feels like it's been an eternity since I was brought here. They've restrained every part of my body to make sure I couldn't transform. Not to mention the endless questionings.

I opened my eyes and saw my empty cage once again. The walls were covered in dust and grime, the ceiling was leaking water directly above me and mold festered in the corners as well as along the cracks. There were no windows, and light only came from a single torch above the door. 'This place is utterly disgusting. Not that I'm in any room to complain. Hundreds of thousands of people have died because of me.' I blankly stared at the wall for a few minutes before I heard the door crack open once again. I closed my eyes and tried to forget that I was here.

'I just want to see you again. I'd do anything.'

"Hello Ms. Leonhart." A rather tall old man with a beard, glasses and a cadet symbol branded on his coat. He spoke with a sour tone and a sense of confidence while entering. "It seems you have been unwilling to give us any information since your capture." He gestured two men to come in from behind him. "We know you are far too weak and far too deep underground to be able to transform into that monster at this moment." He let out a creepy smile as the two men behind him took out all sorts of torture devices. "And because of that incredible healing factor you demons posses we decided we'd have it our go at you." A hideous laugh ensued echoing through the room as his men stepped forwards towards me. 

Y/N POV:

I bit my finger and a thunderous bolt struck me enveloping me in that sense of power I craved. 'Annie, I'm coming for you. I need to know for myself. Whether everything was really just a ruse or not.' My Titan slammed into the ground and I quickly took off shredding everything behind me, I ran twice the speed of a horse with long strides leaving mounds of dirt behind me with every step. 'I'll be there shortly, Annie. But first, I need something from the people behind me.'

Looking back I saw the scouts watching Eren fighting against Reiner on the opposite side of the wall from me unable to do anything against Reiner I presume. 'Forgive me, Eren. I'll come back for you after I do this.' I took off again but this time it was back towards the walls and with much more speed than before. I ran faster and faster building speed while heading straight towards scouts. One of them seemed to notice and tried to tell the others but it was already far too late. I continued ramping speed until I was just in front of the wall, I jumped up and slammed my foot into the wall causing cracks to form all along the walls side and using the wall itself as a springboard I shot off it grasping the top with my hand. The scouts tried to scatter but using my free hand I grabbed one of the scouts in particular before they could react. 'Armin, you're coming with me.'

Quickly all the scouts pounced and I garnered even the attention of Mikasa. 'Time to get out of here.' I dropped off the wall landing on both my feet feeling a few pops and cracks come from my Titans knees. I took off sprinting towards the interior anyways whilst holding Armin steady in my hands. The scouts split off, one group staying at the wall while another came to try and stop me. Amongst them I saw Mikasa and around five or so other scouts. 'I'm sorry, but you can't catch me.' I sped up healing my injuries fully and left them in the dust my Titan being much faster than any they've ever seen.

As they faded in the distance I saw them turn around. I continued running anyways towards Wall Sina until I found a good wide open area in the middle of a forest where I could talk to Armin without being interrupted. 'It's now or never.' Making sure my Titans grip was firm on Armin I held him just behind my nape and pulled my upper body out of my Titan so I could talk to him.