Chapter 25 - New Beginnings

We approached the wall shortly and looked around to find the others. 'Now where are they.' My eyes darted in every direction looking for where the scouts were on the wall. 'They have to still be here, all the horses should be on this side of the wall and I doubt they'd all go back.

Alas I spotted them resting atop the wall injured seemingly injured from the battle. I turned my head back to Armin before pulling myself partially out of my Titan to talk with him. 

"Armin, when we rejoin your comrades. You'll tell them about what happened in Stohess and that I'm here to help them. I'm not taking the risk of leaving my Titan." 

"I'll do my best to convince them. Although I can't guarantee I'll be able to." He looked up at the others anxiously.

"If they decide for whatever reason to attack, I'll be going to try and find Eren on my own. I'll keep my end of the deal." 

"Thank you." He gave me a small smile before I re-entered my Titan and ran towards the wall to rejoin the others. While approaching something in the distance happened to catch my eye, I glanced over and spotted a convoy of Scouts heading towards the wall, amongst them, commander Erwin. 'This might be a problem.' I stopped slightly before continuing again. 'Not that it changes anything. I still need to get up on top first.' I looked back towards the wall which was now much closer and in rang for me to climb on top.

I used a burst of speed and leapt off the ground grabbing and pulling myself on top of the wall easily. 'I forgot how amazing this view was.' I stood up straight and could see for miles in every direction. looking down to my left I saw Armin scale down from me and approach the injured scouts. I saw Mikasa break from the crowd running to him and hugging him fiercely, meanwhile giving me a glare.

"Armin!" Historia and Mikasa said simultaneously. "We thought you were dead. . ." Mikasa lowered her voice somberly. 

"Mikasa what happened to Eren!" Armin broke the hug and put his hands by his side.

"He. . . he lost to Reiner and Bertholdt." she looked down. "But what are you doing with, that." Her voice poured with disgust and anger her eyes narrowing into slits like a snake.

"I know what it seems like, but Y/N is not the person you think he is!" Armin rose his hands emphatically. "He didn't harm me in any way and has no allegiance with Reiner or Bertholdt. In fact he only asked me for the location of Annie."

"Did you give it to him!?" She looked shocked.

"Yes. . . But in return he promised to help get Eren and Wall Maria back for us." 

"You believe him?" Mikasa retorted surprised. 

"If he didn't plan on it then he wouldn't have come back here in the first place." Armin said confidently. 

"What if he's with Reiner and Bertholdt! And going to go rejoin them, just playing along with your deal!" Mikasa brought up like he was a idiot.

"I thought of that, but I took the risk." Armins tone changed more serious and his aura along with it. "I believe Y/N is trustworthy. After all, we have no reason not to trust him right now, he never helped or assisted Reiner and Bertholdt in any way." 

"Well, if you trust him then I won't complain. But, you'll have to deal with commander Erwin also." She kept her gaze at me the entire time making sure I didn't end up doing anything. 'She's right, Commander Erwin will be the real judge here.

Speaking of which the Scouts had just finished scaling the wall and were rejoining Armin and the others. Approaching with the rest of the scouts, Commander Erwin talked with the others presumably about what happened when Eren was taken. After a long discussion he approached me along with a few other scouts beside him. I kneeled down onto my knee and looked down at the Commander.