Chapter 6 - Winter Training

1 Week Before Graduation

Finally it was here. 'Graduation, it seems so close. I've worked my ass off to get through all of this. Although I'll kinda miss it, I liked it here even though it was painful. It isn't over yet, we still have one obstacle left. Winter training, we are to hike through the middle of below zero temperatures for hours and get back to the camp.' I took a pause looking at the map and trying to memorize the route 'Every group was given a different path to take to which meant you couldn't rely on others to help you.' 

"This is going to be a pain Annie." I sighed resting my head against the wall.

"At least we didn't get paired with random people." Annie tried to lift my mood.

"Yeah, I guess so. I looked over at the couple Hannah and Franz being lovey dovey over by themselves. "Although we still do have two random people with us anyways. Makes me sick looking at them." 

"They just can't keep their hands off each other can they." Annie said as Franz poked Hannah playfully.

"Hopefully they die in the storm." I said sarcastically. To which Annie snickered the tinniest bit surprising me.

"Anyways we better start getting prepared." Annie said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"O-Oh yeah your right." I responded quickly following after her. Reaching the barracks where other people were getting changed I started taking off my uniform and shirt. 'Damn I knew I was lean but goddamn.' I could practically see no fat on my body and I was covered in tight dense muscles. 'I guess that's what training with Annies insane routine everyday does.' I chuckled to myself before throwing on the rest of the cloths and winter gear. Finishing I looked over to Annie who was squeezing into the gear and was struggling. They must've made it too small or something because she was really trying. 'Damn, ok I should probably just look away.' I thought as she bent over trying to pull the boots on. 

"I'm ready." Annie said a few minutes later looking exhausted and clearly annoyed.

"O-Ok lets go meet up with Franz and Hannah." I said. After a few minutes later we met up with them at the front of the large cabin rooms and they still hadn't gotten ready.

"Franz, Hannah! Stop the PDA and get your gear on already." I half lidded my eyes annoyed.

"O-Oh, ok I'll go get ready right away! Sorry!" Hannah said rushing to the barracks.

"Hannah wait!" Franz yelled after her. They ran around the corner disappearing.

"Now we're gonna be late and lose points, those idiots." I rolled my eyes.

"It's fine, we'll still get in the top ten anyways." 

"Yeah the military police huh, is that what you're going to join Annie?"

 "Yes." 

"Why though? The military police just doesn't feel like it fits you to me." I asked.

"I, I just want to be a normal girl, to do what society expects of me and live a normal life. The military police is perfect for that." 

"That seems kind of boring to me." I looked at celling and she looked at me.

"What do you mean?"