Chapter 27 - Aftermath

My mind was hazy, flickering in and out of consciousness, dreams including bits and pieces of what everybody was saying as hours turned into minutes during my sleep. The wall started to approach and the sighs of relieve along with their combined chatter broke me out of my sleep.

"Where, are we?" I asked groggily, my voice scratchy and deep having just woken up. 

"We're almost back to Trost." Sasha responded without looking back as I rubbed my still blurry eyes, the outlier district coming into focus. 

"Did Reiner or Bertholdt come after us?" I asked clearing my throat. 

"No, they most likely gave up after losing Eren back there." She said tightening the reins on her horse and accelerating to catch up with the others. 

"Thank god, they were tenacious." I sighed leaning back and staring up at the moonlit sky. It was a half moon and it shone oddly bright tonight, clouds were non-existent and the stars were fully visible. 'One, two, three, four. . .' I started counting stars pointing at each one with my finger and closing one eye. But after reaching somewhere around fifty I lost my finger placement, the horse had slipped slightly on a small rock, and having a dilemma on where my finger was I just gave up. 

"Hey Y/N, I was wondering if you knew why those Titans back there all suddenly rushed to attack Reiner." Sasha looked back curiously and turning her head to the side like a cat.

"It was the co-ordinate." I paused before realizing she didn't know what that meant. "Eren I mean, it was because of him."

"Eren? How did he make them do that?" Furrowing her brow she looked even more confused.

"He ordered them to, didn't you hear him yell, 'get away from me!'" I mimicked Erens voice earning a small chuckle from Sasha.

"How do you know it wasn't something else though. Eren telling them to get away seems like kind of a stretch." By now we had reached the walls and were being transported over it with our horse. 

"Well how do I put this," I pondered for a second before finding the right words. "It's like I heard Erens voice inside my head, almost like he was ordering me as well. That's because I'm also a Titan, so I heard his order but chose not to follow it. Same with Reiner and Bertholdt."

"That makes more sense. I'll have to explain that to the others and see what they think." We were lowered onto the ground and Sasha hopped off the horse, gesturing me to do the same. 'It should be fine to have told her, right? ' I thought while dismounting the horse and standing alongside Sasha. 'It's not like telling them that will help at all, they'll still need to figure out they need royal blood in order to use the Founding Titan. Although I didn't expect Eren to have the founder. I'm still confused on how he was able to use it though. he definitely doesn't have royal blood.

I took a few steps before realizing how sore I already was, my entire lower body was tight and ached in pain. 'I definitely pushed myself too hard.' I continued following the scouts before pondering what I should do now. 'I need to get out of here before they decide to capture me. I freed Annie from prison and Erwin might trust me for now, but I know the MPs and the royal government want me dead. Actually, I didn't end up telling them my name so it might take awhile for them to find me, of course they know my face but that's besides the point.'

"Hey Sasha I'm going to go ahead and find commander Erwin." I tapped her shoulder lightly and headed off towards the edge of the group. She turned back nodding briefly before reengaging in whatever conversation she was having with Connie. The scouts were walking through the main streets of the villages towards a military base where they could rest for the night. I headed towards the edge of the battalion and covered my face with a hood before splitting off quietly into a small street. 'Thankfully nobody notic-'