Chapter 10 - Fall of Trost Pt. 2

Flying past rooftop after rooftop Mikasa was speeding past everybody and even I could tell she was wasting all her gas.

"Mikasa!" Armin yells as Mikasa falls out of the air crashing into buildings. 'She must've ran out of gas, she had to have done that on purpose, maybe she's grieving Eren. Either way now it's up to Jean to lead the cadets if they will follow.' I looked back to see if Annie was behind and coming. 'I'll make sure she makes it if anyone.'

"Huh? Where is she?" I looked around my eyes scanning everywhere and I couldn't seem to see her. 

"Keep moving." I looked behind me to see Annie who had passed me. 'Of course, I should've known.' I smiled to myself before turning back to her.

"Sorry, lets go." I told her before jumping off and anchoring away. I caught up with the rest of the cadets and was confused to see most of them stopped on a line of roofs until I saw titans eating the cadets who advanced. I looked over for Jean and saw him slumped on his knees defeated.

"The hell are you doing Jean!" I yelled over walking towards him. 

"The titans wiped the entirety of us who went ahead, there's no hope anymore, I'm not fit to lead I just led all these cadets into their deaths." Jean said without even looking at me. 

"Look Jean," I paused looking around at the titans feasting, "Whether you think you're fit to lead or not these cadets are relying on you, and no one else is going to step up to lead besides you. Even if you lead these cadets to their death more cadets will survive than if you didn't." I walked away hopping off the roof and zipping towards HQ weaving through the Titans. 'I feel bad for him.'

"Now! Make for HQ while we have the chance!" Jean screamed from afar followed by the sounds of gas and odm gear. Zipping over an alleyway something caught my eye and I looked down to see the happy grin of a titan underneath me. 'Not again! ' The titan jumped up extending its hands outstretched to grab hold of me. Hastily I shifted the direction of my gas and spun my body just around its fingers falling down while running along its extended arm. I used my speed and gas to slide down its arm and get behind it before it could realize, anchoring into its nape and slicing it off quickly avoiding slamming into the ground. 

"That was a close one." I sighed getting back up onto the rooftops and running along. Looking around most of the cadets had caught up with me and we were all going full speed to HQ. I flew past too many dead or dying cadets to count before approaching the building. 

'Here goes nothing.' I flung myself full speed towards the glass windows and tucked my arms in. Smashing into the windows they shattered easily and I stood up hearing more glass shatter behind me as people funnel in.

"You're with the supply team, aren't you?" I heard Jean say from the other side of the room. 

"Yeah. . ." The guy said timidly from under a desk. Jean proceeded to pick him by his collar and haymaker him in his jaw sending him crashing to the floor blood coming off his face. 

"Stop Jean!" Marco said from behind grabbing him and holding him back. 'They deserve it honestly.'

"Those are the ones who abandoned us! People are dead because of you!" Jean screamed resisting Marcos hold. 

"The Titans overran the supply room! There was nothing we could do!" A girl yelled back tending to the guy Jean had knocked out.

"It's your job to deal with it anyways!" They continued to bicker.

'Wait, what's that.' The tinniest bit of me heard something like it was flying and immediately jumped away from the wall.

"Hit the deck!" Reiner yelled grabbing everyones attention just in time for a Titan to smash into it knocking everyone away. Everyone screamed in panic running towards the inside of the building and trying to get away. However Jean simply stood from where he was watching the Titans zoned out thinking about something. As the titans head backed up from the wall another appeared right next to it and just as they were about to move I noticed a giant fist smashing into their faces sending them flying.