Chapter Nineteen

Out and about in the French Quarter, Sabrina is snacking on a paper wrapped freshly baked cream cheese beignet.

{Sabrina's Outfit}

"Are you gonna continue following me, Klaus?" Sabrina asked her estranged husband, turning around to look at him.

"It's been a long while since you and I have spent any time together." Klaus told her. "I miss my wife."

"Okay, sure." Sabrina said.

Klaus and Sabrina exchange small smiles at each other and they slowly walks away and takes a stroll around the French Quarter.

"So, what's on your agenda?" Sabrina asked him.

"My agenda is to spend some time with you." Klaus replied to her.

"I know you, Klaus, so, is this your attempt to ease your way back into my heart? To remind me of your strong relationship connection?" Sabrina asked him, unconvinced.

"Not at all." Klaus replied, and stopped walking to look at her. And Sabrina stops walking and looks at him. "I just want to spend some time with you, Sabrina. That's all."

Sabrina looks at Klaus. "Okay."

Klaus and Sabrina exchange small smiles at each other and they slowly walks away together.

⚜️⚜️

ROUSSEAU'S

In the empty bar that afternoon, Klaus and Sabrina are sitting at a round table with their drinks. He has a small glass of bourbon and she has her cream soda.

After eaten the rest of her cream cheese beignet, Sabrina is gently resting her head on her hand.

"What it's like? To feed on blood?" Klaus asked her.

"It's addictive." Sabrina answered. "When you get a first taste of blood, you want more and more, it's like a drug to an addict. The urge for the blood crave."

"Sounds a bit intense." Klaus said.

"Yeah." Sabrina replied, and she looks at Klaus. "But that's not what you really want to talk about." and becomes annoyed. "I'm not an idiot, Klaus. I know what you're trying to do, and it won't work."

Sabrina gets up and walks away, but Klaus gets up and walks after her.

"Sabrina?" Klaus said, gently taking her hand in his hand, making her look at him. "I meant what I said to you, I just want to spend some time with you."